Patches and updates
ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 Reliability Update 2 Patch
Esri announces the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 Reliability Update 2 Patch. This patch addresses an issue where the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) may stop responding to requests, particularly when the system is under load with requests that vary in response time. Additionally, this patch resolves other defects related to the use of the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS). As detailed in the sections below, this patch accumulates all fixes included in the previously released ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 Reliability Patch. The ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 Reliability Update 2 Patch is required for any ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 deployment that uses the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS).
Applying the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 Reliability Update 2 Patch will update all ArcGIS Web Adaptors (IIS) on a machine. Regarding the typical patch finding and notification tools, you will experience some limitations for this ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 patch. The PatchFinder.exe is currently limited to only showing one web adaptor even though the patch has been applied to all web adaptors. The Patch Notification tool does not currently support showing patch notifications for the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS).
This patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
Important note September 25, 2023: The ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 Reliability Update 2 Patch has been re-released, with a B version suffix on the name, to correct install failures related to file locks. The install of this patch now includes commands to stop the ArcGIS Web Adaptor application pools in order to release any file locks and allow the patch to be applied completely to all instances of the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1. If the first attempt to run the patch does not update all of your deployed ArcGIS Web Adaptor instances, please run it a second time. A fully patched system will show all web adaptor instances, under inetpub/wwwroot/(context) folder, with a ESRI.ArcGIS.WebAdaptor.dll file dated 8/10/2023. Esri recommends that all users of the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 download and install this corrected patch.
Issues addressed with this patch
- BUG-000161467 - ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 Reliability Update 2 Patch may not install completely to all ArcGIS Web Adaptor instances due to a file lock.
- BUG-000160009 - ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 fails to transmit multiple set-cookie response headers resulting in some cookies not getting created and affecting apps such as ArcGIS StoryMaps.
- BUG-000159944 - ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 becomes unresponsive when under load, resulting in the inability to access ArcGIS Enterprise via the web adaptor URL.
- BUG-000159933 - ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1 becomes unresponsive after the client browser requests tiles from a cached map service.
To avoid conflicts this patch also addresses:
- BUG-000159270 - When sending requests to the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS), an invalid token error is given when using a token generated with a referrer that contains port 443 in the URL.
- BUG-000158629 - The ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) may intermittently stop processing requests.
- BUG-000158105 - The ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) returns http 500 errors when a request includes certain forward proxy header values for "Via".
- BUG-000158033 - Special characters returned in the "Location" response header are not properly encoded when using the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS).
Installing this patch on Windows
The ArcGIS product listed in the table must be installed on your system before you can install a patch. Each patch setup is specific to the ArcGIS product in the list. To determine which products are installed on your system, please see the How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed section. Esri recommends that you install the patch for each product that is on your system.
Step 1: Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
|ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) 11.1||ArcGIS-111-WAI-RU2-PatchB.msp|
Step 2: Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
Step 3: Double-click ArcGIS-111-WAI-RU2-PatchB.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the msp file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-111-WAI-RU2-PatchB.msp
Uninstalling this patch on Windows
To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.