Patches and updates
ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.2 Spatial Analyst Slope Tool Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.2. Spatial Analyst Slope Tool Patch. The patch addresses an error related to calculations of surface slope from elevation data when using with the planar option with 5 specific national coordinate systems. The affected coordinate systems are:
- 6312 CGRS_1993_Cyprus_Local_Transverse_Mercator
- 3109 ETRS_1989_Jersey_Transverse_Mercator
- 9678 Gulshan_303_Bangladesh_Transverse_Mercator
- 2157 IRENET95_Irish_Transverse_Mercator
- 2193 NZGD_2000_New_Zealand_Transverse_Mercator
Esri recommends all customers using ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.2 Spatial Analyst extension install this patch. It deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
Issues Addressed with this patch
- BUG-000148577 - The slope result between the Planar and Geodesic options in ArcGIS Pro is incorrect.
Installing this patch on Windows
The ArcGIS product listed in the table must be installed on your system before you can install a patch. Each patch setup is specific to the ArcGIS product in the list. To determine which products are installed on your system, please see the How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed section. Esri recommends that you install the patch for each product that is on your system.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.8.2 ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-1082-DT-SAST-Patch.msp Checksum
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-1082-DT-SAST-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-1082-DT-SAST-Patch.msp
Uninstalling this patch on Windows
- To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App