Patches and updates
ArcGIS Data Interoperability for Server Log4j Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Data Interoperability for Server Log4j Patch. Esri recommends that all customers using ArcGIS Data Interoperability for Server 10.8.1 apply this patch. This patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
Important note: This patch cannot be installed using the Patch Notification tool. Please install this patch by downloading the setup and installing manually per the instructions provided on this page.
Issues Addressed with this patch
- BUG-000145606 - Log4J security vulnerability issues
Please see ArcGIS Enterprise Log4j Security Patches Available for further details.
Installing this patch on Windows
The ArcGIS product listed in the table must be installed on your system before you can install a patch. Each patch setup is specific to the ArcGIS product in the list. To determine which products are installed on your system, please see the How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed section. Esri recommends that you install the patch for each product that is on your system.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.8.1 ArcGIS Data Interoperability for Server ArcGIS-1081-DIS-Log4j-Patch.msp Checksum
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-1081-DIS-Log4j-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-1081-DIS-Log4j-Patch.msp
Uninstalling this patch on Windows
- To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App