Patches and updates
Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8.1 Patch 6 (Desktop | Server)
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS Aviation Airports
- ArcGIS Aviation Charting
- ArcGIS Bathymetry
- ArcGIS Defense Mapping
- ArcGIS Maritime
- ArcGIS Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Note: There are no updates in this patch that require PoD to be redeployed. If you deployed the 10.8.1 Patch 4 MaritimeServer.soe, there are no updates in this patch that require the SOE or Maritime Chart Service configuration files to be redeployed.
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in \MaritimeServer\Server\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 13 - 19 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
ArcGIS Aviation Airports
- No new updates.
ArcGIS Aviation Charting
- BUG-000137226: ExportAixm51 is adding undesired decimal places in numeric attributes in output message.
- ENH-000137519: ExportAixm51 function should include the ability to export AIXM 5.1 BASELINE and PERMDELTA messages with temporal field values as stored in the AIS geodatabase.
- Git1341:ExportAixm51 should export SurfaceLightSys.
- Git1345:Manage Airspace encounters an issue when the data length is more than field length.
- Git1349:Update Annotation handle labelling error for invisible features.
- Git1309: Apply Rules button should always be active in Compose Surface.
ArcGIS Defense Mapping Desktop and Server
- Git1797:Update MTM Visual Specifications (VST) files for MTM DPS version 1.2.
- Git1922:JOG Elevation Tint Bands fail when ElevationRegions features do not match JOG indexes.
- Git1928:TM VST SQL statement is not valid for Aqueduct Surface.
- Git1930:Add new 50K and 100K map indexes to the MapIndex geodatabase.
- Git1947:JOG Grid XML is missing labels.
- Git1952:ICM grid list is incomplete.
- Git1957:Consolidate MapIndex GDB Archives.
ArcGIS Maritime Desktop
- Git1300: In certain scenarios, S-57 exporter may generate an update even when no change was made.
- Git1302: S-58 check 509 is incorrectly returned for DEPARE with an unknown DRVAL1/DRVAL2.
- BUG-000139351: Improper character encoding in S-57 exporter when NALL is 1.
- BUG-000139504: Fixing S-57 export failure introduced with recent vertex cleanup logic.
- No new updates.
ArcGIS Production Mapping Desktop and Server
- BUG-000137370: Width and Height of Production PDF is incorrect.
- BUG-000137968 Get Features for Add WFS Connection reports and error when the locale is set to Danish.
- BUG-000139390 ArcMap may freeze when executing Production PDF.
- Git1953: Create Contours is missing 10K Map scale.
- BUG-000139748: National Grid Reference Box fails to display when data frame is clipped.
- BUG-000140581: Data Reviewer: Select Feature Geometry option in Reviewer Table is not working when multiple rows are selected.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.