Patches and updates
Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8.1 Patch 5 (Desktop | Server)
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS Aviation Airports
- ArcGIS Aviation Charting
- ArcGIS Bathymetry
- ArcGIS Defense Mapping
- ArcGIS Maritime
- ArcGIS Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
Checksum (Md5) Desktop MappingandCharting1081Patch5.msp eaa9732b700c5785996c982511c8541d Server MappingandChartingServer1081Patch5.msp 503bd5d1cc6a7eb0972c0ef6a183461b
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Note: There are no updates in this patch that require PoD to be redeployed. If you deployed the 10.8.1 Patch 4 MaritimeServer.soe, there are no updates in this patch that require the SOE or Maritime Chart Service configuration files to be redeployed.
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in \MaritimeServer\Server\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 13 - 19 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
Enhancements and Issues Addressed with this Patch
ArcGIS Aviation Airports
- No new updates.
ArcGIS Aviation Charting
- Git1322: Manage Airspace - Add Level_Code field to UI for Other airspaces (non-sua, non-class).
- Git1300: Feature Builder - Unhandled exception is returned when right-clicking the coordinates pane before choosing a function.
- Git715: ExportAixm51 should handle propertyName for the AIXM Note.
- Git1294: Manage Airspace - is not able to resize airspace summary dialog.
- No new updates.
ArcGIS Defense Mapping Desktop and Server
- Git1829: Add MGCP TRD 4.6 to Defense Mapping GP tools.
- Git1830: Add MGCP TRD 4.6 Product Files to Defense Mapping.
- Git1894: Add missing TOC Layers to JOG TDS map template MXDs.
- Git1907: Export MGCP Metadata GP tool needs updates to revision logic.
ArcGIS Maritime Desktop
- Git1148: Enhancement: Allow S-57 Exporter to export a cell with only point features.
- Git1210: Select Unverified may not respond if the table of contents contains a broken data source layer.
- Git1229: Enhancement: S-57 Exporter should remove unnecessary vertices. This change may cause a one time increase in the size of the S-57 Update.
- Git1242: Export Wizard sample export may not respond when the map contains group layers.
- No new updates.
ArcGIS Production Mapping Desktop and Server
- BUG-000137088: WFS to Geodatabase GP tool does not download features when using AOI Layer parameter.
- ENH-000137980: Production Centerline GP tool should indicate that the Output Features parameter must be a feature class.
- BUG-000135053: Data Reviewer Valency check: May crash when running check on full database.
- BUG-000132256: Data Reviewer Duplicate Geometry check: Batch jobs run significantly slower after upgrading from 10.2.1.
- BUG-000135104: Data Reviewer Geometry on Geometry check: May crash when running check on certain datasets.
- BUG-000135731: Data Reviewer Duplicate Geometry check: May crash when running check on certain datasets.
- ENH-000135878: Data Reviewer: Clarify documentation for Flash Feature tool.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App