Patches and updates
ArcGIS Data Store 10.8.1 Memory Leak Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Data Store 10.8.1 Memory Leak Patch. This patch resolves a memory leak for the ArcGIS Data Store 10.8.1 software component. A third party library utilized by ArcGIS Data Store causes the memory leak. This patch is for Windows only because the memory leak does not occur on Linux operating systems. This patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
A patch for this memory leak is also available for the Portal for ArcGIS software component. Esri recommends installing both patches for your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.
Important Note: The Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1 Memory Leak Patch and ArcGIS Data Store 10.8.1 Memory Leak Patch patches are purposefully not available through the Patch Notification tool because the patches need to replace files that are locked while the Patch Notification Tool is running. These patches cannot be installed using the Patch Notification tool and the Patch Notification tool cannot be running at the time of patch installation. The patch installation will terminate any running processes of the Patch Notification tool. To successfully apply this patch, first close the Patch Notification Tool. Then proceed to download and install the patch per the instructions on this page.
As a further consequence of the nature of this patch, the Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1 Memory Leak Patch and ArcGIS Data Store 10.8.1 Memory Leak Patch cannot be uninstalled. After applying this patch, right-clicking it under Programs and Features > Installed Updates, will not provide an ‘Uninstall’ option.
- BUG-000139436 - ArcGIS Data Store has a memory leak.
ArcGIS Data Store 10.8.1 must be installed before installing this patch. All command utilities must be run on the ArcGIS Data Store machine.
To successfully apply this patch, first close the Patch Notification Tool. Then proceed to download and install the patch per the instructions on this page.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.8.1 ArcGIS Data Store ArcGIS-1081-DS-ML-Patch.msp Checksum
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- For highly available ArcGIS Data Store installations that contain primary and standby tile cache data store machines follow these instructions:
- Stop the ArcGIS Data Store service on the standby data store machine.
- Stop the ArcGIS Data Store service on the primary data store machine.
- On the primary data store machine, double-click ArcGIS-1081-DS-ML-Patch.msp to start and click Update to finish the setup process.
- Once the setup process finishes on the primary data store, double-click ArcGIS-1081-DS-ML-Patch.msp to start and click Update to finish the setup process on the standby machine.
- For single-machine ArcGIS Data Store installations, double-click ArcGIS-1081-DS-ML-Patch.msp to start and click Update to finish the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ ArcGIS-1081-DS-ML-Patch.msp
On Windows, ArcGIS Data Store 10.8.1 Memory Leak Patch cannot be uninstalled, the usual Uninstall in the Windows Control Panel is disabled.
Check the Esri Support Downloads page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.