Patches and updates
Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8.1 Patch 1 (Desktop | Server)
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS Aviation Airports
- ArcGIS Aviation Charting
- ArcGIS Bathymetry
- ArcGIS Defense Mapping
- ArcGIS Maritime
- ArcGIS Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file
Checksum (Md5) Desktop MappingandCharting1081Patch1.msp c8b8c6d1d785d0168a9fbc8dd05d4c77 Server MappingandChartingServer1081Patch1.msp 60aad98862bea2d177d402d76358c5e5
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Note: There are no updates in this patch that require PoD to be redeployed.
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in \MaritimeServer\Server\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 13 - 19 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
Enhancements and Issues Addressed with this Patch
ArcGIS Aviation Airports
- GIT935:Import 18b from shape file fails after a field is renames.
- GIT952:Issue with OIS creation when Airport Reference Elevation is lower than highest point on runway.
- GIT992:Export 18B Shapefile: AirportSign does not export.
- GIT1009: FAA18B Data Reviewer batch job Airfield.rbj has erros.
ArcGIS Aviation Charting
- GIT962:Manage Airspace - The Remove option removes airspace from Manage Airspace dialog but does not remove it from the repository.
- GIT961:Manage Airspace - Add ability to collect and summarize key points along the airspace boundary.
- GIT960: Manage Airspace - Improve support for airspace location parameter and attribute mapping.
- GIT959: Manage Airspace - blank Vertical Limits parameter results in NULL Level_Code.
- GIT958: Manage Airspace - blank Vertical Limits parameter results in NULL altitude attributes on Airspace.
- GIT957: Manage Airspace - DataSource_Txt is not getting populated.
- GIT956: Manage Airspace - TRSA and others are not getting a value in ICAO_TXT field.
- GIT955: Manage Airspace - NFD Name is being written to ICAO_TXT field on Airspace.
- GIT1017: Manage Airspace - add Select Geometry to context menu.
- GIT980: Enhance Change Reporter to honor extraction query.
- TFS126475: Export points fails when clipping and produces an empty geometry.
ArcGIS Defense Mapping Desktop
- GIT1430: ICM Number GNFs is not correctly ordering the IDN field.
- GIT1462: ICM Streets Index Graphic is not populated correctly.
Desktop and Server
- GIT1515:Update Map Index database with new index features.
- GIT1546:TDS 7 has symbology issues with several feature types.
- GIT1586:Update limited distribution note on the map templates.
- GIT1599:Add Offshore VO Helipad symbols to the TM style.
ArcGIS Maritime Desktop
- TFS125886: SG3D is out of order in an exported base cell.
- TFS126099: S-57 exporter incorrectly generats a NoCov features on rectangular cells.
- TFS126284: Update symbology with S-52 quietly fails on AML (CLB) schema.
- BUG-000132885: Geotiff export produces data when exported using the Export Nautical Product command
- TFS126606: Track all deletes should not track deletes in the PLTS_NAUTICAL_DELETES tables
- TFS126701: Updating UNLOCD field in CulturalFeaturesL from Date to Text
- BUG-000131938: Data is not properly aligned when using Mercator_Variant_C.
- ENH-000133518: Unable to view mcstpk generated .tpk file in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.
- TFS125933: Display parameters are not being stored in mcstpk project file for updates.
- TFS125965: Update mcstpk application icon.
- TFS126577: Unable to load datasets with CSCL = 1 due to memory leak.
- TFS126686: Expanded minZoom and maxZoom precision to 4.
ArcGIS Production Mapping Desktop
- GIT1547:Create Cross-Reference tool does not work with a fGDB workspace.
- GIT1548:Preload Validate tool does not recognize a fGDB workspace.
- GIT1589:ArcCatalog Data Loader tool does not recognize a fGDB cross-reference.
Desktop and Server
- GIT1535: Remove Self Intersections fails on the GlobalID field.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App