Patches and updates
Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.7.1 Patch 7 (Desktop | Server)
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Note: If you have PoD deployed and you have at least deployed 10.7.1 Patch 2 or later, then there are no updates in this patch that require PoD to be redeployed.
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\maritimechartservice to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 28 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
These steps are only required for existing Maritime PoD deployments. For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
- Ensure Maritime Chart Service has been upgraded, see Maritime Chart Service steps above.
- Backup the productsondemand folder at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\productsondemand.
- Copy the productsondemand folder installed by this patch at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\ to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\.
- Merge modifications made to the productsondemand files in the backup folder with the new productsondemand folder. This may include layout templates, etc.
Utilities.py file update for Maritime Server: Products on Demand
- Navigate to the Utilities.py file which is typically located at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\ maritimeserver\productsondemand\Tools. This is the shared_products_path where productsondemand will be deployed.
- shared_products_path and output_directory: update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- output_url: Use localhost for testing only otherwise, update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- Save your updates.
- For the Calculator service copy the Utilities.py file to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\POD\Calculators.GPServer\extracted\v101\tools.
- For the Gateway service copy the Utilities.py file to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\POD\Gateway.GPServer\extracted\v101\tools.
- In ArcGIS Server Manager click Services and choose Manage Services.
- Click Folders and choose POD.
- Restart your Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
Configuring the Maritime Server: Products on Demand web application
- Updated layout templates.
- Updated or published a new map service with Maritime Chart Service enabled.
- Updated Utilities.py file and restarted the Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
- Move the pod web application folder to a backup location. For IIS it would be the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pod folder.
- Navigate to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server\WebApplications and copy the folder called pod to C:\inetpub\wwwroot if using IIS to deploy your web application.
- Optionally rename the folder pod. The folder name will be the name of the application you access over the web.
- Consolidate any modifications from the backup pod web application with the new pod web application.
- Edit your podconfig.js file located under pod\js with your published POD service:
- Update serviceURL to the location created in step 2 of Publishing Service Definition Files. If defaults were used, then the path is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/POD.
- Update the MCSURL path, which the pod web application will use for viewing, to the map service path used in your layout template. The default location is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/MapServer. The layout template WMS service will be used by the print service to create the chart export.
- Optionally change the basemap from the Esri Ocean Basemap by modifying the BasemapWithMCS variable.
- Save your changes to the podconfig.js file.
- You are now ready to use Products on Demand by browsing to http://<your server>/<web application name>.
ArcGIS for Aviation
- Git980: Change Reporter is reporting changes for some features that do not meet the extraction query.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- TFS126476: Export Points GP tool may fail for specific data conditions.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- TFS125841: S-57 Exporter should fail when there is an invalid duplicate LNAM.
- TFS125845: Fixing selecting collection in Relationship Manager outside edit session.
- TFS125860: Relationship Manager is not selecting a nested collection when it is the only item selected vs a parent collection.
- TFS125886: SG3D is out of order in exported S-57 base cell.
- TFS126099: S-57 exporter is incorrectly generating No Coverage features on rectangular cells.
- TFS126284: Update symbology with S-52 quietly fails on an AML (CLB) schema.
- BUG-000132885: Data is no longer aligned when using Geotiff export using the Export Nautical Product command.
- TFS126139: Initial release of ENC editing layer file.
- TFS125884: Update INT-1 layer file for European settings.
- TFS126530: Update INT-1 layer file for Soundings Font.
- TFS126606: Track all deletes should not track deletes in the PLTS_NAUTICAL_DELETES tables.
- TFS126623: Add parenthesis around definition queries in INT-1 layer file.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- BUG-000131938: Data is not aligned when using Mercator_Variant_C.
- TFS125934: Display parameters are not being stored in the mcstpk project file for updates.
- ENH-000133518: Unable to view mcstpk generated .tpk file in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.
- TFS125964: Update the mcstpk application icon.
Esri Defense Mapping Desktop
- GIT1430:ICM Number GNFs is not correctly ordering the IDN field.
- GIT1462:ICM Streets Index Graphic is not populated correctly.
Desktop and Server
- Git1515: Update Map Index database with the new index features.
- Git1517: Split Features GP tool fails and returns the messages, There was an error during processing.
- Git1546: TDS 7 symbology has issues for several feature types.
- Git1586: Update Limited Distribution note on map templates.
- Git1599: Add Offshore VO Helipad symbols to TM.style.
Esri Production Mapping Desktop and Server
- Git1535: Remove Self Intersections fails on the GlobalID field in ArcMap.
- Git1547: Create Cross-Reference tool does not work with a fGDB.
- Git1548: Preload validate tool does not work with a fGDB.
- Git1589: ArcCatalog Data Loader tool does not work with a fGDB cross reference.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.