Patches and updates
ArcGIS Desktop 10.8 Advanced ArcMap Settings Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Desktop 10.8 Advanced ArcMap Settings Patch. This patch resolves a limitation that prevented the Advanced ArcMap Settings application from launching. This patch is recommended for anyone using Advanced ArcMap Settings with ArcGIS Desktop 10.8. This patch deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
- BUG-000129099 - Launching the Advanced ArcMap Settings utility in ArcGIS Desktop 10.8 returns the error message, "ArcMap is not installed. Cannot execute this utility."
The ArcGIS product listed in the table must be installed on your system before you can install a patch. Each patch setup is specific to the ArcGIS product in the list. To determine which products are installed on your system, please see the How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed section. Esri recommends that you install the patch for each product that is on your system.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.8 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-108-DT-AAS-PatchB.msp 40C5E273F31898607328553FABB4588B
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-108-DT-AAS-PatchB.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-108-DT-AAS-PatchB.msp
- To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
June 8, 2020: A “B” version of the ArcGIS Desktop 10.8 Advanced ArcMap Settings Patch has been released to fix an issue where, in certain specific machines, trying to launch the AdvancedArcMapSettings would not work. It specifically addresses this issue:
BUG-000129099 - Trying to launch AdvancedArcMapSetting for ArcGIS for Desktop 10.8 prompts error message "ArcMap is not installed. Cannot execute this utility"
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.