Patches and updates
ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop 10.8.1 Dataset Folder Names Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop 10.8.1 Dataset Folder Names Patch. This patch resolves a crash due to installed Business Analyst Dataset folder names containing non-English characters. It deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
Issues Addressed with this patch
- BUG-000135601 - Crash With Unicode In Dataset Path.
Installing this patch on Windows
ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop 10.8.1 must be installed before installing this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.8.1 Checksum (Md5) Business Analyst Desktop ArcGIS-10781-BA-DFN-Patch.msp 690F924B16BFC53DCFDF998E1D74A824 Business Analyst Desktop Background Geoprocessing ArcGIS-10781-BAGP-DFN-Patch.msp 8DE57B3838E58E5DAA610309F2061189
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-<Version>-<Product>-DFN-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-<Version>-<Product>-DFN-Patch.msp
Uninstalling this patch on Windows
- To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App