Patches and updates
ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 NITF and NCDRD Quality Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 NITF and NCDRD Quality Patch. This patch addresses several issues when working with standard NITF images as well as NCDRD compliant NITF images in ArcGIS Server 10.7.1. This patch provides fixes that provide support for accessing NITF directly from cloud storage in addition to several overall performance and quality improvements. It deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
Issues Addressed with this patch
- BUG-000126865 - Image support data fails to load on some NITF images.
- BUG-000126864 - NITF raster type is not populating sensor and sensor name fields for some data.
- BUG-000126863 - Enhanced support for accessing some NITF images directly from cloud storage.
Installing this patch on Windows
The ArcGIS product listed in the table must be installed on your system before you can install a patch. Each patch setup is specific to the ArcGIS product in the list. To determine which products are installed on your system, please see the How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed section. Esri recommends that you install the patch for each product that is on your system.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.7.1 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS Server ArcGIS-1071-S-NNQ-Patch.msp 47B6B8FEBF13B47B5E0CB61A71C7052C
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-1071-S-NNQ-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-1071-S-NNQ-Patch.msp
Uninstalling this patch on Windows
- To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App