Patches and updates
ArcGIS Runtime Local Server SDK Microsoft ( R ) Windows ( R ) June 2019 Security Update Compatibility Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Runtime Local Server SDK Microsoft® Windows® June 2019 Security Update Compatibility Patch. The June 2019 security updates from Microsoft added additional checks for records included in a metafile. Publishing services from ArcGIS leverages metafiles to transport character markers to the server. The conversion of these markers uses a Microsoft GDI function which was updated with the June 2019 updates - this update caused these metafiles to fail to convert. This fix resolves that issue by imposing stricter standards on creation of these metafiles inside of ArcGIS Runtime Local Server SDK. This patch deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
Issues Addressed with this patch
- BUG-000123420 - Local Feature Service DrawingInfo is missing markerGraphics geometry information when the ServiceFeatureTable.UseAdvancedSymbology property is set to true and the local machine has the Microsoft Windows June 2019 or later security updates installed. This causes point data to fail to render in ArcGIS Runtime.
Installing this patch on Windows
This patch should be installed on all ArcGIS Runtime Local Server SDK installations.
The ArcGIS product listed in the table must be installed on your system before you can install a patch. Each patch setup is specific to the ArcGIS product in the list. To determine which products are installed on your system, please see the How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed section. Esri recommends that you install the patch for each product that is on your system.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Runtime Local Server SDK Checksum (Md5) 100.5 ArcGIS-1005-SDKLS-MWJUN2019SUC-Patch.msp 7250D820DBF1FD8ACDA18DFBEB32C578 100.3 ArcGIS-1003-SDKLS-MWJUN2019SUC-Patch.msp 0ACAE7D2A908E0666755B55C5798CF00 100.2 ArcGIS-1002-SDKLS-MWJUN2019SUC-Patch.msp 88E2EEFBA9986DBCDC886F2EE62E1447 100.1 ArcGIS-1001-SDKLS-MWJUN2019SUC-Patch.msp A450A0F3A2C05D3E6937412E445933C8 100.0.1 ArcGIS-1000-SDKLS-MWJUN2019SUC-Patch.msp 663CBB18BA6ABF46BAE5AF0D3762A7F9
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-<Version>-<Product>-MWJUN2019SUC-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-<Version>-<Product>MWJUN2019SUC-Patch.msp
- After updating your ArcGIS Runtime Local Server SDK installation(s) you must update any deployed applications with the new file.
For Example for v100.5:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\LocalServer100.5\32\bin\BGLImageCoders.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\LocalServer100.5\64\bin\BGLImageCoders.dll
- Confirm the version of the BGLImageCoders.dll file is one of the following values (depending on the deployed version of ArcGIS Runtime Local Server):
Uninstalling this patch on Windows
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App