Patches and updates
ArcGIS Desktop Dialog Initialization Performance Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Desktop Dialog Initialization Performance Patch. Some dialogs in the ArcMap user interface have long initialization times, making them slow to open. This problem is especially severe on machines that have a large number of fonts installed. The affected dialogs include Layer Properties (for feature layers), Options, Symbol Property Editor (for character markers), and Label Manager, though the slowdown happens on any dialog with the font picker control. This patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
Issues Addressed with this patch
- BUG-000113336 - Dialogs that include the font picker control, including Layer Properties, Options, Character Marker Editor, and Label Manager, open very slowly.
- BUG-000115147 - When calling ITopologicalOperator::Buffer on a polygon, if the polygon is degenerated to a point, the buffer call crashes.
- BUG-000117631 - Add support for TLS version 1.2 and 1.1.
Installing this patch on Windows
The ArcGIS product listed in the table must be installed on your system before you can install a patch. Each patch setup is specific to the ArcGIS product in the list. To determine which products are installed on your system, please see the How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed section. Esri recommends that you install the patch for each product that is on your system.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.6.1 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-1061-DT-DIP-Patch.msp 3E28822F57FA751CE29B82C3BF591F7C ArcGIS 10.6 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-106-DT-DIP-Patch.msp A025B86ED1E2BDAAAC42C93AF943282E ArcGIS 10.5.1 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-1051-DT-DIP-Patch.msp 278EEFF7F463F73405BF766F7DE849BF ArcGIS 10.5 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-105-DT-DIP-Patch.msp 926A6C5B7F635BF5246417CBEDD12EB0 ArcGIS 10.4.1 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-1041-DT-DIP-Patch.msp 29B392FE0A0E750EA997379C2BF45411
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-<Version>-DT-DIP-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-<Version>-DT-DIP-Patch.msp
Uninstalling this patch on Windows
- To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
June 12, 2019: This patch now has downloads available for ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and 10.4.1.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App