Patches and updates
ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop TLS Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop TLS Patch. Esri is making configuration information and, where necessary, software updates to support TLS 1.2. As part of improving ArcGIS Online security, Esri is planning to require TLS 1.2 connections for ArcGIS Online services in the upcoming months. This Patch enables Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 connections, when accessing ArcGIS Online services such as basemaps, geoprocessing services and The Living Atlas from ArcGIS Desktop. For a detailed description of this issue, please see Esri Support TLS 1.2 overview page. This patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
This patch ensures compatibility with TLS version 1.2 and is the companion to the ArcGIS Desktop TLS Patch.
- BUG-000117631 - Add support for TLS version 1.2 and 1.1
ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop 10.6.1, 10.6, 10.5.1 or 10.5 must be installed before installing this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.6.1 Checksum (Md5) Business Analyst Desktop ArcGIS-1061-BAGP-TLS-Patch.msp B5772EC07CA5A0E08786D7D9D3979F74 ArcGIS 10.6 Checksum (Md5) Business Analyst Desktop ArcGIS-106-BAGP-TLS-Patch.msp A37A583DB7555F98DBEDFAC99226DBAF ArcGIS 10.5.1 Checksum (Md5) Business Analyst Desktop ArcGIS-1051-BAGP-TLS-Patch.msp AC593E919B1C2BBB31D5AFDFF5E09C3C ArcGIS 10.5 Checksum (Md5) Business Analyst Desktop ArcGIS-105-BAGP-TLS-Patch.msp D0DEB966B235AE0AE2AD20FE6F17A6CE
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-<Version>-BAGP-TLS-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-<Version>-BAGP-TLS-Patch.msp
- To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.