Patches and updates
Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.6 Patch 1 (Desktop | Server)
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\maritimechartservice to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 28 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
This update is only required for existing Maritime PoD deployments. For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
- Ensure Maritime Chart Service has been upgraded, see Maritime Chart Service steps above.
- Backup the productsondemand folder at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\productsondemand.
- Copy the productsondemand folder installed by this patch at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\ to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\.
- Merge modifications made to the productsondemand files in the backup folder with the new productsondemand folder. This may include layout templates, etc.
Utilities.py file update for Maritime Server: Products on Demand
- Navigate to the Utilities.py file which is typically located at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\ maritimeserver\productsondemand\Tools. This is the shared_products_path where productsondemand will be deployed.
- Edit the following variables:
- shared_products_path and output_directory: update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- output_url: Use localhost for testing only otherwise, update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- Save your updates.
- For the Calculator service copy the Utilities.py file to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\POD\Calculators.GPServer\extracted\v101\tools.
- For the Gateway service copy the Utilities.py file to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\POD\Gateway.GPServer\extracted\v101\tools.
- In ArcGIS Server Manager click Services and choose Manage Services.
- Click Folders and choose POD.
- Restart your Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
Configuring the Maritime Server: Products on Demand web application
- Updated layout templates.
- Updated or published a new map service with Maritime Chart Service enabled.
- Updated Utilities.py file and restarted the Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
- Move the pod web application folder to a backup location. For IIS it would be the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pod folder.
- Navigate to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server\WebApplications and copy the folder called pod to C:\inetpub\wwwroot if using IIS to deploy your web application.
- Optionally rename the folder pod. The folder name will be the name of the application you access over the web.
- Consolidate any modifications from the backup pod web application with the new pod web application.
- Edit your podconfig.js file located under pod\js with your published POD service:
- Update serviceURL to the location created in step 2 of Publishing Service Definition Files. If defaults were used, then the path is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/POD.
- Update the MCSURL path, which the pod web application will use for viewing, to the map service path used in your layout template. The default location is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/MapServer. The layout template WMS service will be used by the print service to create the chart export.
- Optionally change the basemap from the Esri Ocean Basemap by modifying the BasemapWithMCS variable.
- Save your changes to the podconfig.js file.
- You are now ready to use Products on Demand by browsing to http://<your server>/<web application name>.
ArcGIS for Aviation
- TFS106929:ImportAixm51 is missing support for Marking table SubTypes.
- TFS106930:ImportAixm51 needs domain override mapping for RADARGUIDANCE_CODE.
- TFS106931:ImportAixm51 needs domain override mapping for FLIGHTCHECKED_CODE.
- TFS106932:ImportAixm51 field mapping needed for ProcedureLegPoint.ReferencePointClass_Code.
- TFS106933:ImportAixm51 needs ObstacleStructure.SYNCLIGHTING_CODE domain mapping.
- TFS106934:ImportAixm51 is missing support for Marking Notes.
- TFS106935:ImportAixm51 is not importing to ObstacleLine.
- TFS105544:Enhance ImportAixm51 to import AircraftStand.
- TFS105694:Failed to link the ADHPSuppliesService with related adhp
- TFS106791:ExportAixm51 silently fails to export geometry for some ObstaclePoint features.
- TFS106800:ImportAixm51 imports duplicate Frequency records.
- TFS107957:Fixed licensing issue with UpdateGeodatabaseSchema.exe.
- TFS106995:ImportAixm51 is not correctly populating ObstaclePoint.HorizAcc_UOM.
- TFS107513:45 domain overrides not working for code overrides.
- TFS107804:ImportAixm45 not honoring decimal separator in region settings when writing to dbl
- TFS105893:AIXM 5.1 features supported by the arcpyproduction.aviation.ImportAixm51 function help topic for 10.5 needs to have references to version 10.3.1 removed from the help topic.
- TFS107841:Update Anno throws error for anno classes that have 2-layer leader line.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- TFS106427: Do not generate a preview mosaic dataset when a model is loaded.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- TFS106762: Check 1581 is being returned by S-58 validation as an error, but should be a warning.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- BUG-000111460 A Maritime Chart Server enabled map service displays only the 5-57 data set outlines because the service is crashing on Windows Server 10 Fall Creators update and Windows Server 2008 R2. The ArcGIS Server log shows that the hosted Maritime Chart Service is crashing.
- TFS106050 PoD: Added warning message if attempting to export a product without data in the area of interest.
- TFS106416 PoD: Fixed north arrow variation value.
- TFS107827 PoD: Removed duplicate area of interest when move tool is used.
- TFS108047 PoD: Area of interest polygon is no longer removed after export.
Esri Defense Mapping
- Git377:TM VST - Should not add Override Fields for Symbol Rotation.
Desktop and Server
- BUG-000110387: MTM label expression for RigwellP is not correct.
- "BUG-000110728: The error ""Hydro exclusion features exclude entire AOI, unable to create bands.Failed to execute (CreateBandsFromRaster)"" is raised when executing Create Bands From Raster GP tool."
- BUG-000110893: Layers in the MTM50 and MTM100 lyr files and map templates should not label the Global Feature Identifier.
- BUG-000110912: Features with HGT greater than or equal to 46 meters are not receiving a vertical obstruction (VO) symbol.
- BUG-000111084: The label expression for MiscpopP layer in the MTM .lyr files needs to include AL010 Facility Point.
- BUG-000111215: ContourL layers with no subtypes are not listed on the Select Layer drop-down within the Elevation Data Source frame on the TLM Conversion Graph Properties dialog.
- BUG-000111883: Remove (4) Form Line, (7) Approximate Index Contour, and (12) Approximate Intermediate Contour coded values from the LCA010HQC domain.
- Git375:Split Features GP Tool does not honor Curves.
- Git373:Remove all VBA expressions from Generalization models.
- Git185:Add EVC Grid XMLs.
- Git382:ICM_TDS_6_1_Portrait MXD - Lower left dynamic elements should be recreated.
- Git381:TDS 6.1 ICM Schema reference scales for ICM anno feature classes are incorrect.
- Git388:Building Offsets GP Tool is hiding too many structure surfaces.
- Git397:Calculate Vertical Obstructions Elevation is not populating elevation values.
- Git402:There is an error in the SQL statement for Not Portrayed (curve) in TDS_6_1_TM_Visual_Specification.gdb all Specifications.
- Git404:ICM_TDS_6_1_Lanscape.mxd and zip do not show the Defense, Reviewer or Production toolboxes.
- Git410:Calculate Maximum Elevation Features is not working with DTED or Mosaic Datasets.
Esri Production Mapping
- BUG-000111284: FME 10.5.1 will not work on a machine running Esri Production Mapping 10.5.1.
- Git405:Refactor the Clip To AOI tool in Distributed Generalization from a model to python.
- Git406:Distributed Process Manager needs an easy way to switch between configurations.
Desktop and Server
- BUG-000109877: Arcpyproduction.mapping.ExportToSeparatedTIFF produces an incorrect world file.
- BUG-000109955: Arcpyproduction.mapping.ExportToSeparatedTIFF when executed through a script or batch file produce inaccurate TIFFs.
- BUG-000111159: Production Clip reorders vertices of features that are not clipped.
- Git424:Arcpyproduction.mapping.ExportToSeparatedTIFF executed through a script will crash when a dataframe object is passed and the worldfile parameter is set to False or not specified.
- Git428:Calculating Reps on TDS 6.1 when the Explicit Override field is Populated will result in an error.
- Git430:Create Product Library fails with the error "The Workspace Schema file cannot be found" on a machine running MCS 10.6 for Server.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your localEsri software distributor.
Configuring the Maritime Server: Products on Demand web application