Patches and updates
Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.6.1 Patch 1 (Desktop | Server)
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account. Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Maritime Chart Service (MCS) for Maritime: Server
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\maritimechartservice to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example, Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 28 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
This update is only required for existing Maritime PoD deployments. For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
- Ensure Maritime Chart Service has been upgraded, see Maritime Chart Service steps above.
- Backup the productsondemand folder at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\productsondemand.
- Copy the productsondemand folder installed by this patch at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\ to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\.
- Merge modifications made to the productsondemand files in the backup folder with the new productsondemand folder. This may include layout templates, etc.
Utilities.py file update for Maritime Server: Products on Demand
- Navigate to the Utilities.py file which is typically located at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\ maritimeserver\productsondemand\Tools. This is the shared_products_path where productsondemand will be deployed.
- Edit the following variables:
- shared_products_path and output_directory: update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- output_url: Use localhost for testing only otherwise, update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- Save your updates.
- For the Calculator service copy the Utilities.py file to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\POD\Calculators.GPServer\extracted\v101\tools.
- For the Gateway service copy the Utilities.py file to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\POD\Gateway.GPServer\extracted\v101\tools.
- In ArcGIS Server Manager click Services and choose Manage Services.
- Click Folders and choose POD.
- Restart your Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
Configuring the Maritime Server: Products on Demand web application
- Updated layout templates.
- Updated or published a new map service with Maritime Chart Service enabled.
- Updated Utilities.py file and restarted the Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
- Move the pod web application folder to a backup location. For IIS it would be the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pod folder.
- Navigate to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server\WebApplications and copy the folder called pod to C:\inetpub\wwwroot if using IIS to deploy your web application.
- Optionally rename the folder pod. The folder name will be the name of the application you access over the web.
- Consolidate any modifications from the backup pod web application with the new pod web application.
- Edit your podconfig.js file located under pod\js with your published POD service:
- Update serviceURL to the location created in step 2 of Publishing Service Definition Files. If defaults were used, then the path is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/POD.
- Update the MCSURL path, which the pod web application will use for viewing, to the map service path used in your layout template. The default location is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/MapServer. The layout template WMS service will be used by the print service to create the chart export.
- Optionally change the basemap from the Esri Ocean Basemap by modifying the BasemapWithMCS variable.
- Save your changes to the podconfig.js file.
- You are now ready to use Products on Demand by browsing to http://<your server>/<web application name>.
ArcGIS for Aviation
- TFS102475:Distinguish between notes for element and embedded element for exporting.
- TFS107139:ImportAixm51 annotation nilReason makes empty Notes features.
- BUG-000112369:ImportAixm51 puts Notes.REFERENCECLASS_CODE errors in import log for values missing from Code_Class_Notes domain.
- BUG-000112822 :ExportAixm51 fails to export Notes for ObstacleStructure and/or related tables.
- TFS110001:Localizer Subtype of NavaidComponent.MAGNETICVARIATION_VAL should not have Code_NA_Double assigned.
- TFS110003:ImportAixm45 - dme, tcn to NavaidComponent CHANNEL_TXT domain errors.
- TFS110004:ImportAixm45 - NOCAT is not a valid domain value for CAT_CODE error.
- TFS110072:Annex 14 Runway Strip per ICAO, instead of Primary Surface.
- TFS110318:CFLA throws exceptions when Curved Offset placement property is used on anno class.
- TFS110356:Add a relationship between CirclingArea and MinimaApproach.
- TFS110439:Accidental potential zone 2 surface generated for Rotary wing type.
- TFS110471:Include FAA VFR style in install.
- TFS110473:Aviation*.pyc file lists deprecated tools.
- TFS110535:ImportAixm51 - AirportProtectionAreaMarking 51RelationshipOverrides issue.
- TFS110536:ImportAixm51 - apronlightsystem missing from table mapping.
- TFS110786:ImportAixm51 GP Tool utility- add run as update parameter.
- TFS110788:OIS GUI change for Annex 14 Runway Strip.
- TFS111051:Cannot update correction status - UpdatedReviewerSchema.xml.
- TFS111190:OISSurfaceTypeCode field length is too short.
- TFS110921:Enhanced Outline fonts not added to installs.
- TFS111267:Carto Commander is not including Carto-Included features.
- TFS111487:ICAO Annex 15 Doc changes.
- TFS111343:Fix field names for ICAO profile Help doc.
- TFS111361:UFC - ArcMap may crash with rotary wing type while generating horizontal surface.
- TFS111366:ICAO profile needs to create the feather if the end point of a porcedureLeg is realted to an ILS.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- Maintenance and performance improvements.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- TFS111209:Validate S-57 File is failing with specific ESB cells.
- TFS111331:Validation incorrectly reporting error 540b when validating a cell with an update.
- TFS111332:Validation is incorrectly reporting error 555.
- TFS111796:DNC VPF - Browse Library is failing to export.
- TFS111797:Validation check 1795a is not returning all features.
- TFS111798:Remove check 25b from validation according to S-58 Ed 6.1.
- TFS111501:Validation check 97 should not return when SUREND = SURSTA.
- TFS111759:Update VPF Template Column Description values.
- TFS111217:Agency list needs to be updated to latest S-62 publication.
- TFS110686:Update IENC S-57 Object codes for achare and achbrt.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- TFS1111193 : Both DatasetFieldDefinitions and OtherFieldDefinitions sections of the S57DataDictionary.xml are incomplete or missing.
Esri Defense Mapping
Desktop and Server
- Git391:JOG Location Diagram - JOG_SHEETS_A labels are visible outside of the data frame.
- Git429:JOG Margin Updates for DPS Draft v.0.2.
- Git468:JOG Margin Symbol Updates.
- Git602:Hydro Centerline licensing issue.
- Git611:JOG Legend Updates.
- Git615:Rapid Graphic fails if AOI Feature Class is in SDE and LandPoly is not.
- Git618:Create Rapid Graphic causes python.exe to crash when exiting.
- Git620:Need to add a new anno classes to Annotation features classes.
- Git621:Update Geonames Layer file with the appropriate anno class names.
- Git629:TM Template Labeling Expression errors.
- Git630:TM VST Error for Grassland.
- Git632:GeoNames_FeaturesP feature class in Geonames schema is missing NT field.
- Git633:Add Symbol Level Settings for Roads in MTM templates.
- Git645:Add Water Tower Symbol (TM & MTM).
- Git647:Update JOG Meter Reference Guide element.
- Git651:JOGA DPS/TDS7 Production PDF setting updates.
- Git652:Update TM style for missing JOG symbols and add to VST.
- Git659:Review and update MTM label expressions.
- Git660:Update Rapid Graphic GP for new JOG product.
- Git661:JOG DPS TEM Edits - TM.style and JOGA Margin.
- Git673:Update alphabetical order in TM & MTM style files.
- Git674:Add new parameter to Create Labels to Annotation.
- Git676:Add new anno feature classes for data MTM and TM data frames.
- Git698:Fix error in BuildingOffsets.py.
- Git709:Storage Tank & Tower symbol for MTM and TM is missing white knockout.
- Git712:Label expression error for layer BuildA - Blue072 for all MTM templates.
- Git713:Missing Product class for TDS 7 product Library.
Esri Production Mapping
Desktop and Server
- Git486:Unable to download data using WFS to Geodatabase.
- Git497:Production PDF: Annotation halo colors are getting replaced unnecessarily.
- Git505:Production PDF does not honor transparency for Character Marker Symbols.
- Git534:ArcMap Prune Hydro GP Tool - Not Respecting All Compare Features.
- Git534:Prune Hydro Not Respecting All Compare Features Issue.
- Git544:Load Data GP tool does not update fields with default values on load.
- Git544:Load Data using flat schema issue.
- Git643:Production PDF spot color replacement is failing with layers.
- Git678:Prune Hydro may crash when utilizing hierarchy field.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your localEsri software distributor.