Patches and updates
Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5.1 Patch 9 (Desktop | Server)
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
Checksum (Md5) Desktop MappingandCharting1051Patch9.msp 567378297e67c72a1edf0c822d523208 Server MappingandChartingServer1051Patch9.msp 1b6a3d623dd0e81d7e665bcb55085c82
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Note: Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5.1 Patch 9 has no new updates to Maritime Chart Service (MCS) for Maritime Server but is cumulative of previously released 10.5.1 patches. If this patch is installed follow the Maritime Chart Service (MCS) for Maritime Server installation steps below. If your system does not have Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5.1 Patch 4 installed, you will need to follow all update processes outlined below including Poduct on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server.
Maritime Chart Service (MCS) for Maritime: Server
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\maritimechartservice to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example, Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 28 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
This update is only required for existing Maritime PoD deployments. For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
- Ensure Maritime Chart Service has been upgraded, see Maritime Chart Service steps above.
- Backup the productsondemand folder at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\productsondemand.
- Copy the productsondemand folder installed by this patch at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\ to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\.
- Merge modifications made to the productsondemand files in the backup folder with the new productsondemand folder. This may include layout templates, etc.
Utilities.py file update for Maritime Server: Products on Demand
- Navigate to the Utilities.py file which is typically located at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\ maritimeserver\productsondemand\Tools. This is the shared_products_path where productsondemand will be deployed.
- Edit the following variables:
- shared_products_path and output_directory: update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- output_url: Use localhost for testing only otherwise, update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- Save your updates.
- For the Calculator service copy the Utilities.py file to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\POD\Calculators.GPServer\extracted\v101\tools.
- For the Gateway service copy the Utilities.py file to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\POD\Gateway.GPServer\extracted\v101\tools.
- In ArcGIS Server Manager click Services and choose Manage Services.
- Click Folders and choose POD.
- Restart your Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
Configuring the Maritime Server: Products on Demand web application
- Updated layout templates.
- Updated or published a new map service with Maritime Chart Service enabled.
- Updated Utilities.py file and restarted the Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
- Move the pod web application folder to a backup location. For IIS it would be the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pod folder.
- Navigate to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server\WebApplications and copy the folder called pod to C:\inetpub\wwwroot if using IIS to deploy your web application.
- Optionally rename the folder pod. The folder name will be the name of the application you access over the web.
- Consolidate any modifications from the backup pod web application with the new pod web application.
- Edit your podconfig.js file located under pod\js with your published POD service:
- Update serviceURL to the location created in step 2 of Publishing Service Definition Files. If defaults were used, then the path is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/POD.
- Update the MCSURL path, which the pod web application will use for viewing, to the map service path used in your layout template. The default location is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/MapServer. The layout template WMS service will be used by the print service to create the chart export.
- Optionally change the basemap from the Esri Ocean Basemap by modifying the BasemapWithMCS variable.
- Save your changes to the podconfig.js file.
- You are now ready to use Products on Demand by browsing to http://<your server>/<web application name>.
Enhancements and Issues Addressed with this Patch
ArcGIS for Aviation
- TFS111933Enhancement: Summary Table SUA for enroute summary tables.
- TFS111934Enhancement: Summary Table SUA enhancement for VFR summary tables.
- TFS112090Update Aggregate Obstacles is not populating the status correctly.
- TFS112482WHPacific: Terrain and Approach Profile is not using input terrain minimum value to calculate the grid extent.
- TFS113105Advanced Callout outline is not scaling properly.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- Cumulative of previous 10.5.1 patches.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- TFS112321 Batch Copy Paste resets the NIS_product_type to ALL when copying features into the destination database.
- TFS112544 User should be able to update the NIS setting in the product library, even if it points to the same physical database.
- TOD VPF Update exporter logic to account for various TOD specific table headers, table definitions, and templates.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Cumulative of previous 10.5.1 patches.
Esri Defense Mapping
Desktop and Server
- Git783Create JOG Elevation Tint Bands GP tool should use the specified standard range of elevation tint bands as defined in the JOG DPS.
- Git775Update Location Diagram data frame name.
- Git768Create Spot Heights GP tool should work with a spot height layer that does not have subtypes.
- Git757MTM - Clean embedded VO content from TOC.
- Git755TM - Split Transportation Ground Curve layer into sublayers.
- Git751Create Rapid Graphic needs to change the data frame for JOGA.
- Git748Create Rapid Graphic does not add grid data to LocationDiagram data frame and does not run Grid Layout View for JOG_A.
- Git712Label expression error for layer BuildA - Blue072 for all MTM templates.
- Git709Storage Tank and Tower symbol for MTM and TM is missing white knockout.
- Git701GTE elements in JOG map templates slow the Rapid Graphic process.
- Git667Remove Cyan-31 layer from Foreshore and Reef symbol in TM and MTM Legends.
- Git665Update Suppress Spot Heights tool.
- Git662Updates for MTM Style and MTM Legend and TM Legend.
- BUG-000116697 The Split Features geoprocessing tool fails with ERROR 999998: Unexpected Error. Failed to execute Split Features when the tool is run in a model.
- Git713Missing Product class for TDS 7 product Library.
Esri Production Mapping
Desktop and Server
- BUG-000114826 Export Data Driven Pages using Production PDF to produce a Single PDF file creates A PDF with repeating pages.
- Git706Production PDF hillshade is dropping.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your localEsri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App