Patches and updates
Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5.1 Patch 4 (Desktop | Server)
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server, additional installation instructions:
Maritime Chart Service
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\maritimechartservice to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Server Manager https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 28 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Products on Demand (PoD) for Maritime Server
This update is only required for existing Maritime PoD deployments. For a new deployment follow the Deploy Maritime PoD steps.
- Ensure Maritime Chart Service has been upgraded, see Maritime Chart Service steps above.
- Backup the productsondemand folder at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\productsondemand.
- Copy the productsondemand folder installed by this patch at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server<version>\ to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\.
- Merge modifications made to the productsondemand files in the backup folder with the new productsondemand folder. This may include layout templates, etc.
Utilities.py file update for Maritime Server: Products on Demand
- Navigate to the Utilities.py file which is typically located at <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\ maritimeserver\productsondemand\Tools. This is the shared_products_path where productsondemand will be deployed.
- Edit the following variables:
- shared_products_path and output_directory: update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- output_url: Use localhost for testing only otherwise, update machine name, domain and the path if you did not use default settings.
- Save your updates.
- For the Calculator service copy the Utilities.py file to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\POD\Calculators.GPServer\extracted\v101\tools.
- For the Gateway service copy the Utilities.py file to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\POD\Gateway.GPServer\extracted\v101\tools.
- In ArcGIS Server Manager click Services and choose Manage Services.
- Click Folders and choose POD.
- Restart your Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
Configuring the Maritime Server: Products on Demand web application
- Updated layout templates.
- Updated or published a new map service with Maritime Chart Service enabled.
- Updated Utilities.py file and restarted the Calculator and Gateway geoprocessing services.
- Move the pod web application folder to a backup location. For IIS it would be the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pod folder.
- Navigate to <ArcGIS Server installation drive>\MaritimeServer\Server\WebApplications and copy the folder called pod to C:\inetpub\wwwroot if using IIS to deploy your web application.
- Optionally rename the folder pod. The folder name will be the name of the application you access over the web.
- Consolidate any modifications from the backup pod web application with the new pod web application.
- Edit your podconfig.js file located under pod\js with your published POD service:
- Update serviceURL to the location created in step 2 of Publishing Service Definition Files. If defaults were used, then the path is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/POD.
- Update the MCSURL path, which the pod web application will use for viewing, to the map service path used in your layout template. The default location is http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/MapServer. The layout template WMS service will be used by the print service to create the chart export.
- Optionally change the basemap from the Esri Ocean Basemap by modifying the BasemapWithMCS variable.
- Save your changes to the podconfig.js file.
- You are now ready to use Products on Demand by browsing to http://<your server>/<web application name>.
ArcGIS for Aviation
- BUG-000110336ExportAixm51 silently fails to export geometry for some ObstaclePoint features.
- TFS106801ImportAixm51 imports duplicate Frequency records.
- TFS107797Obstacle analysis tools should include obstacles of specific heights.
- TFS107842Update Anno throws error for anno classes that have 2-layer leader line.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- Cumulative of previous 10.5.1 patches.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- TFS106763 S58 check 1581 is being returned as an error but should return as a warning.
- TFS107370 Make sure all GP tools can be leveraged by task assistant manager (TAM).
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Cumulative of previous 10.5.1 patches.
Esri Defense Mapping
Desktop and Server
- BUG-000110387 :Fix MTM Label Expression for RigwellP.
- BUG-000110728 :Encounter error "Hydro exclusion features exclude entire AOI, unable to create bands. Failed to execute (CreateBandsFromRaster)" when executing Create Bands From Raster GP tool.
- BUG-000110893: Layers in the MTM50 and MTM100 lyr files and map templates should not label Global Feature Identifier.
- BUG-000110912 :Feature with HGT greater than or equal to 46 meters is not receiving a vertical obstruction (VO) symbol.
- BUG-000111084 :Label Expression for MiscpopP layer in the MTM .lyr files needs to include AL010 Facility Point.
- BUG-000111215 :ContourL layer that has no subtypes is not listed on the Select Layer drop-down within the Elevation Data Source frame on the TLM Conversion Graph Properties dialog.
- Git377:Add Override Fields for Symbol Rotation on TM VST.
- Git388:Building Offsets GP Tool is hiding too many structure surfaces.
- Git397:Calculate Vertical Obstructions Elevation is not populating elevation values.
- Git402:Correct error in SQL statement for Not Portrayed (curve) in TDS_6_1_TM_Visual_Specification.gdb.
- BUG-000109877 :arcpyproduction.mapping.ExportToSeparatedTIFF produces an incorrect world file.
- BUG-000109955 :arcpyproduction.mapping.ExportToSeparatedTIFF when executed through a script or batch file produce inaccurate TIFFs.
- BUG-000111123 :When executing the Calculate Coordinates GP tool on a feature class that is versioned the tool produces ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid.
- BUG-000111159 :Production Clip reorders vertices of features that are not clipped.
- BUG-000111284 :FME 10.5.1 will not work on a machine running Esri Production Mapping 10.5.1.
- Git373:Remove all VBA expressions from Generalization models.
Esri Production Mapping
- BUG-000107677SDesktop Data Reviewer: Performance issue with Run Reviewer Batch Job custom step.
- TFS106739 Desktop Data Reviewer: Run Reviewer Batch Job custom step is failing with return code 2 if Reviewer workspace path has space.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.