Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10.4 GeoEvent Server Patch 2
- Clearing the browser cache will be required after this patch is installed to properly load the updated GeoEvent Manager User Interface.
- Depending on your product configuration you may need to ensure your inputs, outputs, and GeoEvent Services are started by using the GeoEvent Manager. If they are not started, you will need to manually restart them in the GeoEvent Manager.
- ArcGIS 10.4 GeoEvent Server must be installed before you can install this patch.
Enhancements and Issues Addressed with this Patch
Note: This patch is cumulative of previously released Patches and Hotfixes.
This issue was integrated into the code base at 10.6.1.
- BUG-000114349 - ArcGIS GeoEvent Manager fails to load in Chrome 67.
These issues were included from 10.4 Patch 1 and integrated into the code base at 10.4.1.
- Bug-000095066Unable to change Active status of GeoFences.
- Bug-000094461Synchronize GeoFences rule does not retain the changes made to the GeoSync filter field value in edit mode.
- Bug-000094460GeoFence Synchronization does not update GeoFences which have been expired when a GeoSync Filter is specified.
- Bug-000094456GeoFence Synchronization does not issue standardized queries required by ArcGIS Server to support different types of databases while querying for GeoFences.
- Bug-000094455GeoFence Synchronization does not accommodate queries in which the END_TIME is NULL.
- Bug-000096421Unable to publish Stream Services to non-default/remote Portals or by using a Portal DNS name.
- Bug-000096335Performance issues with large data and default Rolling Data option of "Yearly".
- Bug-000096336The ObjectID Tool-tip is missing information in the "Create Data Source" dialogue box.
- Bug-000096423Unable to create new inputs or outputs after upgrading an existing configuration.
- Bug-000096485Unable to publish Spatiotemporal Big Data Store Map & Feature Services when the Tile Cache Data Store is enabled on the ArcGIS Server.
- Bug-000096426Unable to enable the store latest / “buddy” feature service capability when publishing a Stream Service to a Web GIS Portal without the Spatiotemporal Big Data Store.
- Bug-000096427Unable to enable the store latest / “buddy” feature service capability when publishing a Stream Service to a Web GIS Portal when ArcGIS Server is federated through the Web Adaptor.
- Bug-000096480Spatiotemporal Big Data Store Data Source based Map and Feature Services cannot be displayed if the ArcGIS Datastore Windows Service is restarted prior to receiving data.
These issues were included from 10.4 Patch 1 and integrated into the code base at 10.5.
- Bug-000095278Incoming nested JSON objects that contain empty string parameters result in the GeoEvent not being processed through from the JSON input.
- Enh-000096481Provide the capability to repair all corrupted Spatiotemporal Big Data Store Data Sources where the data is written with the wrong field types.
- Enh-000096484Provide the capability to copy Spatiotemporal Data Sources and allow users to adjust the Rolling Data properties available during creation.
Repair & Copy Data Sources Enhancements
This patch includes enhancements Enh-000096481 and Enh-000096484 which address issues Bug-000096480 and Bug-000096335. After installing the Patch, the GeoEvent Manager will query the data sources to determine if there was any data corruption due to restarting the Data Store prior to receiving any data. If this condition is detected, the new Repair button will display to the right of the data store pull down menu. If no issues are encountered with the Data Source this will not display.
Stop any outputs pointing to the Spatiotemporal Data Store prior to clicking the new Repair button to ensure that the repair process completes without interruption. Depending on the quantity of data being repaired this automated process can take a few seconds to an hour or more. It is advisable to only run the process when the output can be offline with minimal disruption to production feeds. You can monitor progress in the GeoEvent logs which will provide ongoing status updates by reporting the number of processed records.
The second capability added is the Copy Data Source utility which can be found to the right of the Data Source name. It can be used to generate a new data source containing all existing data which allows you to change the initial configuration settings such as Replication Factor, Object ID Type, and Rolling Data Options. Significant performance improvements can be gained for very large data sets by changing the Rolling Data setting from the default of Yearly to Daily indexing. This helps by allowing the data to be 'rolled' into many different underlying data sources which are managed as one instead of having all of the data in a single large object.
Installation Instructions for Windows
- Login with an Administrator Windows account. Download the patch to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS GeoEvent Server GeoEvent_10_4_0_P2.msp 129973ddbf841bb6df51e12914c85fd7
- Double-click GeoEvent_10_4_0_P2.msp to start the install process.
Note: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p <location of patch>\GeoEvent_10_4_0_P2.msp
Installation Instructions for Linux
- Log in as the user that installed ArcGIS for Server.
Note: For the Amazon AMI this is the user arcgis.
- Download the patch to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
Checksum (md5) ArcGIS GeoEvent Server GeoEvent-10.4.0-Patch2.tar.gz ba368721c70950caedc682894a2a3c85
- Extract the package:
% tar -xzvf GeoEvent-10.4.0-Patch2.tar.gz
- Copy the GeoEventSimulator.exe file from ./ArcGISGeoEvent/Support/ to a Windows machine.
Note: The GeoEvent Simulator can only be used on a Windows machine.
- Start the Installation:
- After the setup is complete, restart the ArcGIS GeoEvent Daemon.
Files Installed by this Patch
Check the Patches and Service Packs pageperiodically for the availability of additional patches. New information aboutthis patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
To determine which version of ArcGIS GeoEvent Server is installed append
/version.txt to the GeoEvent Manager URL. For example:
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing thispatch. International sites, please contact your localEsri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App