Patches and updates
Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5 Patch 2 (Desktop | Server)
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
Note: This patch is cumulative of all previously released Patches and Hot Fixes for Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5.
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting Solutions file.
Checksum (Md5) Desktop MappingandCharting105Patch2.msp 0e52d79cf4fb0bbed3ed0eacef17c0fb Server MappingandChartingServer105Patch2.msp b6d075a9d0799bcabf26fbd98a544384
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
If Maritime Chart Service is installed continue with these steps:
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from \arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from \MaritimeServer\Server\maritimechartservice to \arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from \arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in \MaritimeServer\Server\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Click Services (Navigate to Server Manager ->https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager).
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 27 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Enhancements and Issues Addressed with this Patch
ArcGIS for Aviation
- BUG-000105223DeriveAirspaceGeometry incorrectly sets DISTVERLOWER_VAL and DISTVERUPPER_VAL for aggregated airspaces that contain subtract operations.
- BUG-000105229ImportAixm45 incorrectly constructs Airspaces with counter-clockwise arc geometries.
- TFS100517Coordinates are processed incorrectly (different variations of geoLat/geoLong)
- TFS101340gml identifier CodeSpace not exported
- TFS101506Remove dependency on requiring z-values for data excahnge.
- TFS101508AIXM 5.1 Exporter fails due to invalid 'unicode' instead of 'str'.
- TFS101535Remove curly brackets from GFID on export.
- TFS101536RunwayCenterLinePoint/adhpsurfacepoint needs attribute information in Exporter Template.
- TFS101537NavaidComponent is missing subtypes in Exporter Template.
- TFS101538Add TouchDownLiftOff/adhpsurfacearea to Exporter Template.
- TFS101539ElevatedPoint gml:id is not populating with NavaidComponent objectid.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- No updates since 10.5 release.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- TFS98817 DNC VPF Exporter should hard code LAT value for the Browse Library.
- TFS101057 Edit Extension is not populating the compilation scale or LNAME for RAL products.
- TFS99207 Create S-57 Exchange Set should read the NTXTDS field.
- TFS100666 DNC VPF Lineage.doc table header file should show 8 entries.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Cumulative of previously release 10.5 patches and hot fixes.
Esri Defense Mapping Desktop and Server
- BUG-000104951'Producing Agency' and 'Data Producing Agency' fields need to be added to the TLM50_Index feature class.
- BUG-000104954BST needs to be assigned domain LFA000BST for feature class PolbndL with subtype Code 0 (FA000_Administrative_Boundary_Line).
- BUG-000104958Need to add a representation rule to the MGCP_TRD_4_3_MTM_Visual_Specification for Pylon AT042 less than 46 meters.
- BUG-000104960The 'Prepared and published' note in the MTM50_TRD_4_3.mxd has repeated text that needs to be removed.
- TFS99656Add Representation Fields: cannot apply multiple visual specifications to multiple input features.
- TFS100754Update label rules for MTM 1.1 Release.
- TFS100755Modify Legend with new symbols and infomation for MTM 1.1.
- TFS100756Style and symbol changes for MTM 1.1 Release.
- TFS100757Update MTM map templates for MTM 1.1.
- TFS100758VST needs to be updated for MTM 1.1 Release.
- TFS100838Add TRD 4.4 to scripts.
- TFS100869Update TM & MTM grid XMLs with decimal labels.
- TFS100871Ensure 100K grid annotation labeling is correct for zipper grid zones.
- TFS100873The Create Rapid Graphic output MXD should have the BaseMap dataframe activated.
- TFS100874Modify the MTM and TM map templates to use the Sheet_Dash field.
- TFS100875Update MapIndex Database with field for Adjoining Sheet Labels.
- TFS101005The Create Elevation Guide Bands Data tool needs TRD 4.4 added to the data model parameter.
- TFS101006Need to add TRD 4.4 to dropdown in Rapid Graphic tool.
Esri Production Mapping Desktop
- TFS101071 Add functionality to import TOD VPF data.
- TFS99977 Cannot expand a node on the Field Configuration dialog after updating the configurations in Edit Shared Fields.
- TFS101466 If no value is specified for minimum size, Convert Polygons geoprocessing tool should convert all selected features.
Desktop and Server
- TFS100368Data Reviewer: Geometry on Geometry and Duplicate Features checks are ignoring Changed Features Only property.
- TFS101527Data Reviewer: Geometry on Geometry check may produce incorrect results when comparing the same feature class with SQL filters if run as an individual check.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App