Patches and updates
Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5 Patch 1 (Desktop | Server)
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
Note: This patch is cumulative of all previously released Patches and Hot Fixes for Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.5.
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting file.
Checksum (Md5) Desktop MappingandCharting105Patch1.msp 8164D0BFDEAD25BFDBD72020B2936700 Server MappingandChartingServer105Patch1.msp CA34B79F711C9D6B905AA120404292A1
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
If Maritime Chart Service is installed continue with these steps:
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from \arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from \MaritimeServer\Server\maritimechartservice to \arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from \arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in \MaritimeServer\Server\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Click Services (Navigate to Server Manager ->https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager).
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 27 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Enhancements and Issues Addressed with this Patch
ArcGIS for Aviation
- TFS96908Import Aixm45 Timesheet.TIMETABLE_ID for ILS Navaids.
- TFS97049Channel text for Navaids is not being imported.
- TFS96912Derived geometry records are not being imported.
- TFS96919Ensure supported features are listed properly in Help for AIXM 51 export.
- TFS96909Geometry not being created for Runway, Apron or TLOF.
- TFS96923Import Aixm45 should not report errors for deleting rows from Attributed Relationship classes.
- TFS97299Import Aixm51 ADHP.Elev_Val from fieldElevation.
- TFS97975Import Aixm51 function is not populating DeclaredDistance table in Aeronautical Information Services (AIS).
- TFS97300Import Aixm51 NavaidComponent.Elev_Val.
- TFS96914Missing fields in AIXM 5.1 Import.
- TFS98440Obstruction Analysis is not producing output attributes for new analysis using airports (18C).
- TFS98441OIS is not producing output attributes for new surfaces in airports (18C).
- TFS98439OIS is not populating elevation parameter using airports (18C).
- TFS98438Profiler may not execute using data in airports (18C).
- TFS96911Related features has a natural key issue with update message.
- TFS97825The ImportAixm51 function is importing blank field values into ADHPThreshold.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- No updates.
ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- TFS98824 Allow user to specify product or alias name when running GP Export
ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- TFS97395Remove 50 layer limitation on drawing.
- TFS97804Update Search to support NOBJNM names that read right to left.
- TFS97948Update to expand EPSG 25832 boundary.
Esri Defense Mapping Desktop and Server
- TFS84580Added JOG Location Diagram to the Grid Type list in the Make Defense Grids GP
- TFS85087Updated JOG Location Diagram to use tool generated data
- TFS91856Updated TDS 6_1 support files to include the Carto features for TM
- TFS91858Updated TDS 6_1 Geodatabase to include Carto features
- TFS91870Updated TDS VST to include new Carto features
- TFS91872Updated Topology Rules for new feature types in TDS 6.1 geodatabase
- TFS91874Update Product library for new TDS 6.1 features
- TFS91876Update Conversion files for TDS geodatabase to include Carto features
- TFS95231Created tool Calculate Vertical Obstruction Elevations
- TFS95481Updated Bridge Overrides tool and xmls to properly rotate features and include more structure and barrier features
- TFS95492Added TDS_6_1 data model version for JOG product type
- BUG-000101297Updated Create Bands From Raster to work with more raster types
- TFS96840Updated TDS Building Offsets xmls for TDS_CARTO features
- TFS97123Updated TM and MTM map templates and layer files to include IsVisible definition query for updated building offset rules
- TFS97364Enhance Extract and Clip to remove all lines and polygons outside AOI
- TFS97598Update Create Bands From Raster to prevent leaving a hole in bands
- TFS96009Enhanced Create Replica tool to use new replica sync flags
- TFS96020Updated Create Replica tool for new required parameters
- TFS94829Add Strip Map product to POD
- TFS94831Add Map Book product to POD
Esri Production Mapping Desktop
- TFS94477Add transparency capability to Production PDF.
- TFS95950Cannot enable Add from Product Library button on the Batch Validate dialog.
- TFS93183Distribute Product Library: is not cleaning up lock files.
- TFS97124Distributed Generalization: Results of Extract Partition are clipped to AOI extent eventhough a buffer distance is specified.
- TFS95744Distributed Process Manager: Cannot choose extended property table when not connected as schema owner.
- TFS97606Distributed Process Manager: You should not have to enable child process in order to run on designated child machines.
- TFS97843Evaluate map workflow is broken for format tab color space.
- TFS95409Fill Gaps: Certain enclosed gaps are not getting filled.
- TFS95411Fill Gaps: Improve FILL BY ORDER performance.
- TFS95266Update Tab: Add Selected and Add New are missing from the context menu.
- TFS97225DataReviewer: Performance impacted when running checks on Changed Features Only.
- TFS97460DataReviewer: Batch Validate should support loading batch jobs from product library.
- TFS98084DataReviewer: Invalid Event check message is incorrect for invalid measure scenarios with a physical gap.
- TFS98451DataReviewer: Invalid event check crash with some data configurations.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App