Patches and updates
Tracking Server 10.1 Service Pack 1
- Issues Addressed with this Service Pack
- Installing this Service Pack
- Patch and Service Pack Updates
- Getting Help
This service pack contains general maintenance fixes and enhancements for Tracking Server 10.1 and the Tracking Server 10.1 SDK. We recommend that all customers download and install this service pack to ensure the highest quality experience when working with Tracking Server 10.1. It is required to install the appropriate ArcGIS 10.1 Service Pack 1 (Engine or Desktop, depending on your Tracking Server installation) in order to get the full benefits of the enhancements included in this service pack.
- Enhancements to Tracking Server’s internal messaging greatly reduce message sizes and conserve network bandwidth between Tracking Server and connected client applications, such as the ArcGIS Tracking Analyst extension, Tracking Viewer for Flex, and custom client applications built using the Tracking Client APIs.
NOTE: Tracking Server 10.1 SP1 is still compatible with all client applications built before the 10.1 SP1 release. But to take advantage of the 10.1 SP1 bandwidth optimizations, the latest versions of client applications and Tracking Client APIs must be used: ArcGIS Tracking Analyst 10.1 SP1 or later, Tracking Viewer for Flex 3.3 or later, and the Tracking Client APIs 3.0 or later.
- Tracking Server Gateway logs whether bandwidth-optimized messaging (see above) is being used.
- Default maximum number of clients specified in Tracking Server Gateway configuration file (‘Gateway.properties’ file) has been increased to 100.
- Default maximum JVM heap size specified in Tracking Gateway Service configuration file (‘TrackingGatewayService.cfg’ file) has been increased to 1 GB.
- Tracking Server Web Connector now supports the use of 3D Symbols stored on the local file system. This requires direct use of the Web Connector REST API’s Generate3DKmlService endpoint.
- Updated documentation of the Web Connector REST API (with the addition of the GenerateKmlService and Generate3DKmlService endpoints) is installed with Tracking Server 10.1 Service Pack 1 and also available online.
- Track lines for KML services from Tracking Server Web Connector now update every 2 seconds (instead of every 10 seconds) when using default settings. This setting can be modified using the Web Connector REST API.
Tracking Server 10.1 SP1 includes the latest released version of Tracking Viewer for Flex (version 3.3), which includes the following enhancements:
- Tracking Viewer can now receive and display real-time data from complex tracking services. Complex tracking services include events that have a combination of dynamic (changing and/or moving) data and static (non-changing) data. The dynamic and static portions of the data are joined inside Tracking Server prior to transmission to client applications.
- Bug Fix: Tracking Viewer now correctly renders real-time data when the source coordinate system of the real-time data is Web Mercator (rather than a geographic coordinate system).
- Tracking Viewer consumes less network bandwidth by taking advantage of Tracking Server 10.1 SP 1 bandwidth optimizations.
- Tracking Viewer automatically shows timestamps of real-time data in the local time zone of the machine it is running on, if used with Tracking Server 10.1 SP 1. As a result, related functionality such as map time windows and aging symbology work more reliably, regardless of time zone considerations.
- Tracking Viewer has been upgraded to use the ArcGIS API for Flex 3.0 and is based on the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.0.
- Tracking Viewer has been upgraded to be built with the Adobe Flex SDK 4.6 and the Tracking Client API for Flex 3.0.
Tracking Server SDK
- Geofence Tag Action Sample optimized for better performance with high message throughput.
- Geofence Tag Action Sample now builds without any code changes if ArcGIS Engine (and not ArcGIS Desktop) is installed. The sample is designed to build and run on both configurations, but previously minor code changes were required before building the sample with ArcGIS Engine.
- New C# Custom Security Sample is now included with Tracking Server SDK. This sample implements a custom Tracking Server security plug-in, which allows you to grant a specific set of users access to each of your tracking services.
Tracking Server 10.1 (and/or the Tracking Server 10.1 SDK) must be installed before you can install this Service Pack. In addition to this Service Pack, you must also install the appropriate ArcGIS 10.1 Service Pack 1 (Engine or Desktop, depending on your Tracking Server installation) in order to get the full benefits of the enhancements included in this service pack.
- Stop Tracking Server and close all Tracking Server programs and utilities. Stop all Windows services associated with Tracking Server (Tracking Gateway, Flex Policy Server, Silverlight Policy Server). Also, close the Tracking Server Controller in the Windows tray.
- Make sure you have write access to your Tracking Server installation location, and that no one is accessing it.
- Download the file to a location other than the installation folder:
Tracking Server Tracking Server 10.1 SP1 24.0 MB
Tracking Server SDK Tracking Server SDK 10.1 SP1 109 KB
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Service Pack installation, you can start the Service Pack installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of patch]\<Product>sp1.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- When Setup finishes, the Tracking Server Post Install dialog box will open. If you have already run the Tracking Server Post Install, there is no need to perform any post installation steps at this time.
- You may now restart Tracking Server and associated Tracking Server programs and utilities.
Check the Patches and Services Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches and service packs. New information about this patch will be posted here.
If you are in the United States, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. Sites outside of the United States, please contact your local Esri software distributor.