Patches and updates
Network Analyst 9.1 – Network Dataset Patch
ESRI® announces the Network Analyst 9.1 Network Dataset Patch. This Patch allows users to create network datasets based on Oracle Spatial feature classes and other feature classes with a valid negative grid size. It also addresses a file read/write error that occasionally occurs when building network datasets. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
We recommend anyone with Network Analyst 9.1 who creates or builds network datasets install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with Network Analyst 9.1.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- CQ00265768 - Building network datasets in Network Analyst 9.1 may occasionally produce a file read/write error and abort the build process.
CQ00271323 - Can not create network datasets based on Oracle Spatial feature classes or other feature classes with a valid negative grid size with Network Analyst 9.1.
Files Installed in this Patch
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
Installing the Patch
ArcGIS Desktop 9.1 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS Desktop installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Download ArcGIS-91-NetDat-Patch.exe to a location other than your ArcGIS Desktop installation location.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this Patch must be applied to all client installations.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To check for the presence of a Patch, for each file examine the unique identification information provided (right click, properties, version tab, item name, QFE Version). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a Patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The identification string for this Patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App