Patches and updates
Military Overlay Editor 9.2 UTM Projection Patch
ESRI announces Military Overlay Editor (MOLE) 9.2 UTM Projection Patch. This patch resolves several issues. Users experiencing incorrect or empty geometry in UTM or other projected coordinate systems in ArcMap should download this patch.
Issues Addressed in this patch:
- In some cases, after performing a UTM projection on an incoming geometry, MOLE was not checking to see if the projected shape was valid or was instead empty. In cases where the incoming geometry was outside the coordinate system of the display, the projeced function was returning an empty geometry, which caused unpredictable results when MOLE tried to use that empty geometry to construct a graphic. This issue has been fixed.
- In some cases, when you extruded FLOT lines in ArcGlobe, ArcGlobe would unexpectedly stop responding. This issue has been fixed.
- All center point modifiers now display in the preview window of the MOLE Symbol Editor.
- The name of the menu item MOLE > Update Older MOLE Database has changed to MOLE > Update pre-9.0 MOLE Database. It functions the same way that it did at 9.2. For more information, see the updating your data section in chapter 3 of the MOLE getting started guide. Note that you won't see this change if a moleCore.ldb file existed in your /ArcGIS/Bin directory at the time you installed this patch. Deleting the moleCore.ldb before you run the patch will ensure you see this menu item name change. moleCore.ldb is the lock file for moleCore.mdb.
Installing the patch:
- Ensure you have MOLE 9.2 installed.
- You can check what version of MOLE you have installed by reading the heading or first paragraph of the mole_install.htm file at < ArcGIS Installation Directory > /ArcGIS/Documentation. For pre-9.2 versions of MOLE, open the readme.htm file at /ArcGIS/MOLE/Documentation. If you don't have MOLE 9.2 installed, you can download it from our ESRI Products MOLE 9.2 extension download and follow the instructions. Note: You cannot install this patch directly from any removable media; you must copy it to a local directory or to a location on your network prior to starting the installation.
- Download Mole92UTMProjErrPatch.MSP below to a location other than your ArcGIS Desktop installation location.
- Double-click the Mole92UTMProjErrPatch.MSP file to start the install process.
The installation wizard for the patch opens.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.