Patches and updates
Military Analyst 9.3 Service Pack 1
We recommend that all Military Analyst 9.3 customers download and install this Service Pack, at their earliest convenience, to ensure the highest quality experience when working with Military Analyst 9.3.
Enhancements and changes
- A new geoprocessing tool, Highest/Lowest Point by Polygon, has been added to the Military Analyst Terrain Analysis toolset. Given a polygon feature class as input, the tool finds the highest or lowest point within each polygon in the feature class.
- An extraneous field (SPOT) was removed from the fields listed as required input for two geoprocessing tools, Linear Line of Sight From Features and Create Observers From Table.
- Several improvements were made to the user documentation:
- The Mosaic Raster Catalogs dialog box documentation was clarified.
- Documentation was added for the Path Slope geoprocessing tool and the Convert Coordinates in File geoprocessing tool.
- Help has been supplied or finalized for the following geoprocessing tools: Shortest Path, Extract RPF Catalog Items, the Convert Coordinates in File tools, and Create Links.
- Context-sensitive help has been provided for buttons on the MA Toolbar.
Issues Addressed with this Service Pack
- In a few cases, when an elevation data layer was used in combination with the Threat Dome tool, ArcGlobe ceased to function. This issue has been resolved.
- In some cases ArcMap would close when the Geodesy Graphic tool was used in a map document whose data frame was set to a polar projection. This issue has been resolved. (NIM037093)
- The execution of the Load MA Catalog tool can now be stopped by pressing Escape or the Cancel button in the Tool Message Box. (NIM035959)
- A ClassCastException was generated when IGeometry was cast to IGeoEllipse. This issue has been resolved. (NIM035086)
- Five extraneous parameters were removed from the documentation for the Convert Coordinates in File (CCIF) geoprocessing tool.
Installing the Service Pack
ArcGIS 9.3 and Military Analyst 9.3 must be installed before you can install this service pack.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation directory (by default, this is C:\Program Files\ArcGIS) and that no one is accessing it.
- Download the .msp file in the Downloads section below to a location other than the ArcGIS installation directory.
- Double-click the .msp file to open the installation wizard (setup program).
- The first panel of the installation wizard opens; follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this Service Pack must be applied to all client installations.
Service Pack Updates
Check the Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches.
Domestic sites, contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Files updated or added by this Service Pack
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App