Patches and updates
Military Analyst 9.2 Service Pack 1
We recommend that all Military Analyst 9.2 customers download and install this Service Pack, at their earliest convenience, to ensure the highest quality experience when working with Military Analyst 9.2.
Issues Addressed with this Service Pack
- CQ00300985 - <Null> coordinate fields when converting from DD should not be interpreted into false coordinates
- CQ00300987 – MA Toolbox – need a Non-RPF Raster Loader
- CQ00300983 – CCIF – add resulting table to ArcMap
- CQ00297978 – Log files should be on by default
- CQ00300981 – Include illustrations in help dialog for Table to Polygon and Table to Polyline optional parameters
- CQ00300989 – RPF wireframes should not by default be drawn
Files Installed with this Service Pack
<ArcGIS installation directory>\bin
GpMAFunctions.dll<ArcGIS installation directory>\ArcToolbox\Script
CreateDTEDCatalog.py<ArcGIS installation directory>\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes
Military Analyst Tools.tbx<ArcGIS installation directory>\Help
ESRI_CSMILITARYANALYST.HLP<ArcGIS installation directory>\Help\gp
Installing the Service Pack
ArcGIS 9.2 and Military Analyst 9.2 must be installed before you can install this Service Pack.
Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is accessing it.
- Download the following file to a location other than the installation folder:
MilitaryAnalyst92sp1.msp 2.5 MB
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this Service Pack must be applied to all client installations.
Military Analyst 9.2 Service Pack 1 addresses several issues. However, there are known issues that still exist. These issues are listed here as well as known workarounds, if any.
- CQ00290660 - The Coord tool crashes ArcMap when the data frame projection uses an unsupported datum
- CQ00290753 - MGRS coordinates are incorrect in datums using the Everest spheroid
- CQ00199761 - Coordinate Tool should support the LKS 1994 datum.
- CQ00299278 - Convert Coordinates In File will not convert a selected set in a TXT file
- If you have a text table and wish to use a selected set in CCIF either convert the text table to a dBase (*.dbf) table or Geodatabase table and then do the selection and conversion. You could also select the desired rows in the text table and export just those rows to a dBase or Geodatabase table and then do the CCIF conversion.
- CQ00300978 - Bad coordinates in DMS, UTM, and MGRS should be easily identifiable and not interpreted into false coordinates
- CCIF interprets bad coordinates in DMS, UTM and MGRS into false coordinates. Since these formats are combinations of numbers and characters the CCIF parser does not distinguish between good and bad coordinate values. The results from bad input coordinates should be easily identifiable.
- CQ00299078 - Convert Coordinates In File does not update output fields if they exist
- CCIF does not update existing fields if set as an output field in the tool. To "update" an existing field, use the tool to create a new field with new values. Use the Field Calculator in the resulting table to calculate the old field with the new field values. Then delete the new field.
- CQ00298829 - Table To Point needs a Learn More About page in the help
- CR26130 - Edit any field of a row in pgdb unmanaged catalog returns error
- Non-RPF Raster Loader cannot load to Personal Geodatabase (*.mdb).
- CQ00297979 - Hillshade does not work on raster surfaces selected through the browser
- CQ00293337 - RPF catalog does not show tile selection in data view
- RPF Catalog wireframes do not display a selection color when they are selected. To verify selection, open the attribute table of the catalog; selected rows will be visible there.
- CQ00285913 - GeoSym legend does not display in the TOC initially
- Initially when VPF Catalog data is visible in the ArcMap display the layers are still marked with a red exclamation mark and the GeoSym legend symbol is missing in the Table of Contents (TOC). A refresh of the TOC will remove the exclamation and render the GeoSym legend symbol. This can be done by switching the TOC to Source then back to Display.
- CQ00293334 - DTED Uniform Renderer has refresh artifact if tiles are selected
- Upon rendering a DTED Catalog with the Uniform Renderer option, display artifacts may appear when panning and zooming. These may be resolved by clicking the Refresh View button at the bottom of the ArcMap Data View.
Service Pack Updates
Check the Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Service Pack will be posted here.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App