Patches and updates
Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.4.1 Patch 2 (Desktop | Server)
We recommend Mapping and Charting Solutions customers with the following solutions download and install this patch to ensure the highest quality experience.
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Server
- Esri Defense Mapping
- Esri Production Mapping
Note: This patch is cumulative of all previously released Patches and Hot Fixes for Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.4.1.
- Login with a Windows Administrator account.
- Select and download the Mapping and Charting file.
Checksum (Md5) Desktop MappingandCharting1041Patch2.msp ED485B1CFCD9AE1BE6AAA2B0A078875D Server MappingandChartingServer1041Patch2.msp 3CA3A093B975B0C0F3F151616E1BB13B
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
If Maritime Chart Service is installed continue with these steps:
- Login as a Server Manager by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager.
- Click Services.
- Stop the map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Move the controlfiles folder from \arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\controlfiles to a backup location.
- Copy the new controlfiles folder from \MaritimeServer\Server\maritimechartservice to \arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice.
- If modifications were made to the old control files, they will need to be made to the new control files. The backup control files can be used to consolidate modifications with the new control files. For example Coordinate systems and AutoCellUpdate settings.
- If the map service was configured to read S-63 encrypted datasets, copy the S-63 user-permit.txt file from the backup controlfiles folder to the new controlfiles folder.
- Delete the .senc files from \arcgisserver\directories\maritimeserver\maritimechartservice\sencs. The .senc files must be rebuilt after upgrading. Deleting them will significantly increase creation performance.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each map service with the Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
- Login as an administrator by launching https://localhost:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click Uploads.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and browse to the MaritimeService.soe file located in \MaritimeServer\Server\Bin.
- Click Upload to add the SOE to the site.
- Copy the Item ID for use in the Update step.
- Click Home.
- Click Services.
- Click Types.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Update and paste the Item ID.
- Click Update.
- Click Services (Navigate to Server Manager ->https://localhost:6443/arcgis/manager).
- Click the map service for which you want to enable the Maritime Chart Service.
- Click Capabilities.
- Verify that the datasetsDirectory, controlFilesDirectory, and workingDirectory properties point to the correct locations. For more information about these properties, see the 'Modifying Maritime Chart Service capabilities properties' section of Setting Maritime Chart Service properties.
- Click Save and Restart to make the Maritime Chart Service available.
- Confirm the Maritime Chart Service capabilities are working properly in the map service by verify that the .senc files in the sencs folder are current.
- Repeat steps 22 - 27 for each map service with Maritime Chart Service capabilities configured.
Enhancements and Issues Addressed with this Patch
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- TFS91294Add the Take Off climb surface to Annex 14.
- TFS91681Enable Rotate Annotation and Update Annotation during an edit session.
- TFS91684Feature updated count is being recorded incorrectly in the summary window.
- TFS91685Add deleted feature count to the CartoCommander summary window.
- TFS91691Import AIXM45 may not import all updates properly.
- TFS91692Update DAFIF Importer mapping for airports and heliports.
- TFS91694Duplicate DAFIF ClientKey and GFID created for ATSRoute and Designated point.
- TFS91695During import of DAFIF Heliports the related addressee_id is not being populated in the ADDRESS table.
- TFS91696Multiple DAFIF NavaidSystem records with same ClientKey, GFID ,Channel and NAME_Txt are being created.
- TFS92085Leader Line width is not getting scaled when running Update Annotation.
- TFS92232FIR is not being imported properly.
- TFS92495Need ability to concatenate text with a field mapping in AIXM 5.1 Export Template xml.
- TFS92581Obstacle attribution is not importing.
- TFS92584AIXM 5.1 Importer needs to work with User privileges, not just Administrator privileges
- TFS92585AIXM 4.5 Importer needs to work with User privileges, not just Administrator privileges
- TFS92586AIXM 5.1 Exporter needs to work with User privileges, not just Administrator privileges
- TFS93007Vertical Morse Code placement is incorrect when an asterisk (*) is present in an advanced callout.
ArcGIS for Maritime:Charting
- TFS91756Application Profile (PROF) should be EN for a Reissue.
- TFS92043Exporter writes wrong ISDT value into cell header when it differs from the UADT.
- TFS92174Export the associations for SBO products.
- BUG-000098931S-58 Log To Reviewer Table tool should import all dkart and ENCAnalyzer errors and warnings.
- TFS92453Exporter should not calculate SCAMIN for AML products.
- TFS92460Exporter should populate GRUP subfield with 255(Null) for AML products.
- TFS92463Exporter does not use the correct INTU values for AML products.
- TFS92465VDAT should be 0 for CLB products.
- TFS92748Records may be out of order for S-57 update cell in nested collection scenarios.
- BUG-000091258Importing an AML product with French OS can result in corrupt or missing geometry.
- TFS90798Exporter may provide wrong PROF value and NOMR counts for AML products.
- BUG-000098810Export SBO update files may produce update instructions for the wrong attribute code.
Esri Defense Mapping
Desktop and Server
- TFS91478Modify the MTM Track and Trail dash symbols to meet specification.
- TFS91547Improve the MTM multiple Vertical Obstruction to include a leader line.
- TFS91548Merge MTM Loose Surface Street symbol at intersections.
- TFS91829Add the option to export the folder with Create Rapid Graphic.
- TFS92511Create multilingual map templates for TM50.
- TFS88739Enhancement: Improve Performance of Calculate Metrics GP Tool.
- TFS92855Modified tools to use product path from Unpack Product Files tool.
- TFS92803Create tool for Unpacking Defense Products to user directory.
- TFS92294Label rules for Aeronautical Surfaces: NotBlue072 needs to be updated for NoInformation and -999999.
- TFS91830Create AOI selector custom step.
- TFS92215Enhancement: Carto workflows should include data prep, carto prep, and non-crg steps.
- TFS92216Create steps to manage and create contours.
- TFS92218Create steps to manage and create spot heights.
- TFS92219Create steps to manage and create grids.
- TFS92220Create steps to manage and suppress spots heights.
- TFS92221Create steps to create product map documents.
- TFS92223Create steps to resource product map documents.
- TFS92224Create steps to populate the map information for product map documents.
- TFS92226Create steps to apply grids to product map documents.
- TFS91828Building tool only creates points if Production Mapping Sketch Halo is toggled on.
- TFS87967Glossary Table Element (GTE) may cause ArcMap to crash when creating a Share Map Package.
Esri Production Mapping
Desktop and Server
- TFS92993Data Reviewer: Checks: Cutbacks check cannot validate polygon features with holes.
- TFS91393Data Reviewer: Checks: Orphan check returns error when run on an empty feature class in an enterprise database.
- TFS92238Data Reviewer: Geometry on Geometry: Receive an error message when using the Overlaps relation.
- TFS91114Graphic Table Element: May cause ArcMap to crash when creating a Share Map Package.
- TFS92284Data Reviewer: Reviewer Table: The Automatically Verify Result property is not persisted in the Update Results dialog.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your localEsri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App