Patches and updates
FontInfo Utility for ArcIMS 9.2
The FontInfo utility is used to determine which True Type fonts are supported by the ArcIMS Image Server.
When creating a map using ArcIMS Author, all True Type fonts available on the system are selectable. However, the ArcIMS Image server only has access to the True Type font files residing in the following platform specific directories:Sun: /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType
HP : /usr/lib/X11/fonts/ms.st/typefaces
Windows: System font directory
The FontInfo utility lists the names of the True Type font files in the above directories. These fonts listed are the only fonts that can be safely used with the ArcIMS Image Server when selecting a font in ArcIMS Author.To run the utility on UNIX and Linux:
- Copy the FontInfo.exe executable to the $AIMSHOME/bin directory.
- Run the executable: ./FontInfo.exe
- Copy the fontinfo.exe executable to the ArcIMS Home\server\bin directory. The default location for this directory is C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcIMS\Server\bin.
- Open a DOS window.
- Change directories to the \server\bin directory.
- Type fontinfo at the DOS prompt.
This utility is as-is and is unsupported. For help or technical assistance, please visit the Miscellaneous Discussion Forum in the ArcIMS User Forums.