Patches and updates
ESRI Software 9.0 Library Tutorials - ArcGIS Desktop Extensions
Updated June 2, 2004: The "Using ArcGIS StreetMap" tutorial has been updated to add Excercise 4 on finding a route.
The tutorials are available in PDF format and are located at the bottom of this page, below the descriptions.
Using ArcGIS 3D Analyst: This tutorial will show you how to use ArcCatalog to find and preview 3D data, how to add data to ArcScene, how to set 3D properties for viewing data, how to create new 3D feature data from 2D features and surfaces and more.
Using ArcGIS Spatial Analyst: This tutorial will show you how to use many of the available ArcGIS Spatial Analyst tools and will give you a solid basis from which you can start to think about how to solve your own specific spatial problems. This tutorial has been updated from the printed version to include the new Geoprocessing tools.
Using ArcScan for ArcGIS: This tutorial will show you how to use the tools you need to convert your scanned raster images into vector-based GIS layers.
Using ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst: This tutorial will show you how, when used in conjunction with ArcMap, Geostatistical Analyst provides a comprehensive set of tools for creating surfaces that can be used to visualize, analyze, and understand spatial phenomena.
Using Maplex for ArcGIS: This tutorial introduces you to some labeling techniques in the context of mapping land parcels and streets.
Using ArcGIS Publisher: This tutorial guides you through the process of converting your ArcMap map document into a published map.
Using ArcGIS StreetMap: This tutorial introduces you to the ESRI StreetMap extension to ArcGIS. It will introduce you to the basic techniques for viewing StreetMap USA data, using the StreetMap geocoding service and finding a route.
Using ArcGIS Survey Analyst: This tutorial shows you how to use the tools you need to enter survey data and coordinate geometry into survey datasets.
Using ArcGIS Tracking Analyst: This tutorial guides you through exercises that will help you gain some basic skills in adding, symbolizing, and replaying fixed-time temporal data from disk in ArcMap.
- Tutorial - Using ArcGIS 3D Analyst (PDF) - PDF - 2015 kb
- Tutorial - Using ArcScan for ArcGIS (PDF) - PDF - 758 kb
- Tutorial - Using ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst (PDF) - PDF - 1668 kb
- Tutorial - Using Maplex for ArcGIS (PDF) - PDF - 1293 kb
- Tutorial - Using ArcGIS Publisher (PDF) - PDF - 833 kb
- Tutorial - Using ArcGIS Survey Analyst (PDF) - PDF - 2422 kb
- Tutorial - Using ArcGIS Tracking Analyst (PDF) - PDF - 1404 kb
- Tutorial - Using ArcGIS Spatial Analyst (PDF) - PDF - 4124 kb
- Tutorial - Using ArcGIS StreetMap (PDF) - PDF - 1082 kb