Patches and updates
Esri Maps for MicroStrategy 2.0.2 MicroStrategy Web 10.2 Support and Update Patch
Esri® announces the Esri Maps for MicroStrategy 2.0.2 MicroStrategy Web 10.2 Support and Update Patch. This patch fixes critical bugs related to MicroStrategy Web 10.2 issues involving maps in Transaction Services documents, and adding datasets with thresholds to an Esri Maps for MicroStrategy map layer. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- BUG- 000093056 - Map from grid with threshold fails in v2.0.2 of Esri Maps for MicroStrategy.
Description: Adding a threshold dataset to a map layer fails when a threshold group contains just one row of data.
- BUG-000093213 – Support adding EM4MSTR visualizations in a MicroStrategy Transactional document.
Description: MicroStrategy Transactional Documents fail when an Esri Maps for MicroStrategy map is added to the document.
- BUG-TFS55480 – MicroStrategy 10.2 Web Location Architect style issues.
Description: MicroStrategy 10.2 Web requires style fixes to support Location Architect in Esri Maps for MicroStrategy.
- BUG-TFS53998 – Sharing icons in a document in presentation and interactive mode fails in Chrome IE10 and IE11.
Description: Sharing icons in EM4MSTR 2.0.2 in Chrome IE10 or IE 11 fails.
em4mstr/WEB-INF/xml/pageConfig.xml (ASP patch only)
Download the file to a location other than your Esri Maps for MicroStrategy Mobile location.
Before you start, identify the type of install that you are applying the patch to. If your plugin is deployed on IIS Web server use the em4mstr_asp_serverplugin_2.0.2_patch_1.zip file. If your webserver is deployed on a Java based server use the em4mstr_jsp_serverplugin_2.0.2_patch_1.zip file. Make sure you have write access to the MicroStrategy Web plugins folder.
- Download and extract the contents of the appropriate patch file.
• For ASP Web servers (IIS) use: em4mstr_asp_serverplugin_2.0.2_patch_1.zip.
• For JSP web servers (Tomcat) use: em4mstr_jsp_serverplugin_2.0.2_patch_1.zip
- Copy the em4mstr folder and paste it into your MicroStrategy Web plugins folder, overwriting files when prompted.
• For Active Server Pages (ASP.NET) installations (IIS), this folder is located in your MicroStrategy Web installation directory. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroStrategy\Web ASPx\plugins.
• For all JavaServer Pages (JSP) web application installations of MicroStrategy Web Universal, the plug-ins folder is located in the location where the web application server extracted the MicroStrategy war file. For example, when installing in a default Tomcat web application installation, the default directory is /webapps/MicroStrategy/plugins/.
- Restart your web application server.
- 4)From a supported web browser, start MicroStrategy Web.
The minimum requirement for installing this patch is Esri Maps for MicroStrategy version 2.0.2.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.