Patches and updates
Esri Business Analyst Server 10.2.2, 2014 Data Update Patch
Esri® announces Esri Business Analyst Server 10.2.2, 2014 Data Update Patch. This patch should be installed after the Esri US 2014 Data Update has been installed.
The patch enables certain features within the Segmentation Tasks group to operate with the new 2014 Tapestry Segmentation data. Without this patch, these Segmentation tasks will fail or may work incorrectly.
- Core and Developmental Segments
- Game Plan Chart
- Game Plan Map
- Multi-profile Bar Chart
- Profile by Area Summation
- Profile by Import From Table
- Profile by Table Geocoding
- Profile Comparison Chart
- Report from Profile
- Tapestry Profile Report
- Target Group
- Target Map
- Target Penetration Map
- Understanding Target Customers
The Esri 2104 Tapestry Segmentation Data incorporates the effects of growth and decline in the last decade on established consumer markets plus the emergence of new markets populated by Millennials and immigrants. Reflecting the increasing diversity among American consumers, Tapestry now includes 67 distinct market segments and 14 summary groups. This patch also includes a change made in order to better handle reports that are requested based on standard geography levels of custom Business Analyst datasets. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM104630 - Business Analyst Server 10.2.2 returns an error for summary reports based on custom datasets (Brazil) from previous Business Analyst Server 10.1.
Description: Trying to use Esri Tapestry Segmentation data from the Esri Business Analyst 2014 US Data will result in errors. This is due to several changes in the Tapestry Segmentation data from previous years. The changes include adding new segments, renaming some that existed previously and changing from using numeric values to define the tapestry segment to using alphanumeric values.
- BUG-000081408 - All Feature Classes in the dbGeoUnits.gdb need to be listed in the GeographyUnitTables section of the Dataset Description XML file in order for all Standard Geography Level Trade Area Requests to work in Business Analyst Server.
Esri Business Analyst Server must be installed before installing this patch.
- Download the appropriate file for your environment to a location other than your installation location.
Version 10.2.2 Checksum (Md5) Esri Business Analyst Server ArcGIS-1022-BA-2014DU-Patch.msp 2E018298A0DD33B03A4CA0266CB9CA15
- Make sure you have write access to your installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-1022-BA-2014DU-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-1022-BA-2014DU-Patch.msp
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.