Patches and updates
Business Analyst 9.3.1 Service Pack 2 - for 2009 Data
ESRI is pleased to announce the release of Business Analyst 9.3.1 Service Pack 2. This update contains performance improvements for Territory Design. This service pack is not cumulative of Business Analyst Service Pack 1.
ESRI is pleased to announce the release of Business Analyst 9.3.1 Service Pack 2. This update contains performance and accuracy improvements for large or nationwide datasets in Territory Design. This service pack is not cumulative, so it is recommended to install Business Analyst Service Pack 1 then Business Analyst Service Pack 2.
Business Analyst 9.3.1 must be installed before you can install this Service Pack.
You can install the service pack by downloading the service pack install file locally.
This service pack is not cumulative, so it is recommended to install Business Analyst Service Pack 1 then Business Analyst Service Pack 2.
To Manually Install the Downloaded Service Pack
- You must have ArcMap and ArcCatalog closed.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is accessing it.
- Download BA931SP2.msp to a location other than the installation folder.
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process and follow the on screen instructions.
- You can verify the patch version the follow ways:
- The Business Analyst version will upgrade to #184.108.40.2061. You can see this in Business Analyst menu > Preferences > General
- The Territory Design version will upgrade to #220.127.116.11. You can see this in Territory Design menu > Territory Layer Properties > About
- CQ145676 Fixes slow behavior with large numbers of files (1,000+) in the Business Analyst Repository.
- CQ114518 CTFL algorithm: 'Preparing for Territories creation' phase is too long if Seed Points layer has several of points.
- CQ114711 CTFL wizard: the wizard works very slow in some cases (result number of territories calculation is very slow if Seed Points layer has a lot of points).
- CQ126423 Balance: process stopped if records for selected variable contain zeroes.
- CQ126953 Balance fails at national wide level.
- CQ126954 Manual create territories fails if Territories level has no one territory.
- CQ136831 Create TD layer command doesn't work (wizard not appears), if any annotation layer is presented in TOC.
- CQ136833 CTFL: improve performance for nationwide territories.
- CQ136834 Balance: improve performance for nationwide territories.
- CQ136835 Balance: Improve quality of balanced territories.
- CQ136836 Select additional centers closer to seed points.
- CQ136837 Name territories according to nearest free seed point.
- CQ136842 Introduce buffer for searching adjacent polygons and solve the issue with rivers.
- CQ136843 Change seed points clustering algorithm to create more optimal territories.
- CQ136844 Rename Balancing Options 'Distance' parameter to 'Compactness'.
- CQ136845 Update localization toolkit according latest changes.
- CQ136846 TIDX files must be placed near source dataset of BDS.
- CQ136847 COM: Do not call TerritoryNamesChanged event after creating territories (performance improvement).
- CQ136848 Change default value for Compactness (Distance) option to 50%.
- CQ136849 Do not ask to save Territory index, if user cancel the index building process.
- CQ136850 Remove Distance Option control from UI and TD Layer summary info.
- CQ136851 Improve performance of BA variables calculation.
- CQ136852 SM Router was initialized incorrectly, if network dataset file path doesn't have .rs extension.
- CQ136853 Active level is not selected by default in "Territory level to balance" control in Balance Territories dialog.
- CQ136854 Balance GP Tool: Network Solver and Network Dataset control: each word must starts with uppercase letter.
- CQ136409 Fixes BDS demographic calculations needed in territory creation.
- CQ135347 Fixes an error in the Advanced Report Editor's Calculation Setup dialog.
- CQ93704 'Remove Territories with Childs' command: performance issue.
- CQ96985 UI performance poor if creating or removing number of territories.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at , if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.