Patches and updates
ArcView Military Data Reader Extensions for ArcView 3.0a (PC) and ArcView 3.0b (Unix)
The ArcView Military Data Reader extensions provide the ability to directly read a variety of image data into ArcView. Many of these format images are produced in the defense and intelligence communities.
The following image data formats are supported:
- ARC Digitized Raster Graphics (ADRG)
- Compressed ARC Digitized Raster Graphics (CADRG)
- Controlled Image Base (CIB)
- National Image Transfer Format (NITF)(uncompressed and 8-bit JPEG compressed only)
The Military Data Reader extensions are available FREE on the Web to all users of ArcView 3.0a (PC) and ArcView 3.0b (for Unix).
- If you have ArcView 3.1, the Military Data Reader Extensions are included, and you should not download this version.
- PC users, to use these extensions you must have ArcView 3.0a installed on your computer. You can Download ArcView 3.0a from this support site.
- Unix users, to use these extensions you must have ArcView 3.0b installed on your computer. You can Download ArcView 3.0b for Unix from this support site.
Installation Instruction for Windows
- Download the Military Data Reader Extensions for Windows file
- Run the mdr30a.exe program downloaded by double-clicking on the file.
- Follow the install instructions on the screen.
Installation Instructions for Unix
- Download the TAR and compressed file for your platform.
- Copy the file into you existing arcview3 directory.% cp filename.tar.Z $AVHOME
- Uncompress the Z file% uncompress filename.tar.Z
- Untar the TAR file in your current arcview3 directory. This ensures the existing files are updated.% tar xvf filename.tar.Z
- Open and read the index.html file for more information about setting up the ArcView Database Access extension with SDE Version 3. This file is located in $AVHOME/avdocs.
NOTE: Files are under 1MB in size.
- Military Data Reader Extensions for Windows - EXE - 2467 kb
- Military Data Reader Extensions for Digital Unix - Z - 245 kb
- Military Data Reader Extensions for HP-UX - Z - 273 kb
- Military Data Reader Extensions for IBM RS/6000 AIX - Z - 403 kb
- Military Data Reader Extensions for SGI IRIX - Z - 336 kb
- Military Data Reader Extensions for Sun Solaris - Z - 214 kb