Patches and updates
ArcView Internet Map Server 1.0a ESRIMAPN.DLL Patch for Windows
ArcView IMS 1.0a esrimapn.dll patch is an update for existing ArcView IMS 1.0a users. The esrimapn.dll patch will update your existing IMS installation to support Netscape Web server version 3.5x and resolve some other associated issues.
IMPORTANT: the new esrimapn.dll supports only Netscape Server 3.01 and 3.51. If you are still running Netscape Server 2.x, please DO NOT install this patch. This patch does NOT apply to Microsoft Web server users.
This patch requires ArcView IMS 1.0a. If you are a Windows user and have ArcView IMS 1, you need to download ArcView IMS Version 1.0a now.
The esrimapn.dll patch addresses the following problems:
- Supports Netscape Server 3.51.
- Contains load balancing enhancements.
- Supports immediate reconnection of crashed map servers once they are available again.
- Supports 2.0 components.
Other notes about this update:
If you use the 2.x version of Netscape Servers, you may have had difficulty getting your 2.x version of Netscape FastTrack or Enterprise server to work in a stable fashion with ArcView IMS. ESRI has found that upgrading to Versions 3.01 or higher of the Netscape servers corrects many of these issues. Netscape no longer supports the 2.0 version of their server products, and thus ESRI does not support the 2.x and earlier versions of Netscape servers. ESRI strongly recommends that you use Version 3.01 or higher of Netscape server products.
Installation Instructions for Windows Netscape Server users:
- Stop your web server.
- Unzip the patchwin.zip file.
- Replace your current esrimapn.dll with the new one. Back up the old esrimapn.dll until you are sure it is no longer needed.
- Restart your web server for changes to take effect.