Patches and updates
ArcSDE 8.2 DB2 Patch for Windows
ESRI is pleased to announce the ArcSDE 8.2 DB2 Patch for Windows. We highly recommend that you download and install this required patch at your earliest convenience. This patch includes several improvements and maintenance fixes that deal specifically with the problems listed below under Bugs Fixed with this Patch.
During installation, you can either save the original 8.2 files or overwrite them. If you choose to save them, make sure you have atleast 4 MB of free disk space.
- CQ00168283 - Random gsrvr crashes. Problems with memory allocation.
- CQ00164878 - Cook County - Adding annotation causes GSRVR crash
- CQ00165576 - ArcSDE for DB2 and Microsoft Security Rollup Package (SRP1) will not work together
- CQ00171910 - Invalid column number returned when doing table describe in DB2
- Under the %SDEHOME%\bin folder:
- Under the %SDEHOME%\lib folder:
Since this Patch replaces several ArcSDE 8.2 files, ArcSDE 8.2 must be installed before you can install this Patch. It is strongly recommended that you back up your database including all previous ArcSDE system tables and user layer data before upgrading your ArcSDE installation. Install this patch using your SDE user account.
- Make sure you have write access to %SDEHOME%, that no one is using ArcSDE, and that the ArcSDE service is down.
- Download sde82_db2_patch.exe to a location other than %SDEHOME%:
- Double-click the sde82_db2_patch.exe to star the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- Copy the sdesrvsp.dll file from your %SDEHOME%\bin folder to your %DB2PATH%\function folder.
NOTE : If you have Windows Security Rollup Package(SRP1) or Windows Service Pack3 installed on your machine, running sdesetupdb2(8.2) will fail with an "Unknown Error" -100. The fix is contained in this Patch. Before you run sdesetupdb2 -o install again, make sure that you have dropped all the tables and stored procedures owned by the "SDE" schema. You can use the Control Center in order to do this.
- As the SDE user, run the following command to restart the ArcSDE service:
C:\> sdemon -o start
To check for the presence of Quick Fixes or Patches, examine the unique identification information by a (right click, properties, version tab) action under Explorer. With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a QFE distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. Under Windows 2000, select 'Product Version' under the 'Item name' column to see the unique identifier. The QFE ID for this Patch is:
Check the Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.