Patches and updates
ArcInfo Workstation 8.3 TigerARC Update for Windows
ESRI® is pleased to announce the ArcInfo Workstation 8.3 TigerARC Update. This Update adds support for the conversion of 2002 TIGER/Line file data to workstation ArcInfo coverages and INFO tables. The TIGERARC and TIGERTOOL commands have been improved and an additional option is present to specify 2002 as the version year.
This Update deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Update
Issues Addressed with this Update
CQ00188757 - Add support for recognizing Tiger 2002 files format in ArcInfo .
Files Installed in this Update
- In the arcexe83\atool\arc folder:
- In the arcexe83\bin folder:
- In the arcexe83\templates\headers folder:
- In the arcexe83\usage folder:
Installing this Update
Since this Update replaces several ArcInfo 8.3 Workstation files, ArcInfo 8.3 must be installed before you can install this Update.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcInfo installation folder, and that no one is using ArcInfo.
- Download TigerARC-83-update.exe (1 MB) to a location other than your ArcInfo installation location.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: This Update must be applied to local and client installations, it will not update a Network Admin location.
Identifying Patch files on your machine
To check for the presence of Quick Fixes, examine the unique identification information by a (right click, properties, version tab) action under Explorer. With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a QFE distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. Under Windows 2000, select 'Product Version' under the 'Item name' column to see the unique identifier.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional updates. New information about this Update will be posted here.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Update. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App