Patches and updates
ArcIMS 4.0.1- Image Server and Custom Raster Update (Revised June 13, 2003)
Note-If you installed this QFE prior to June 13, 2003, pleasecomplete the steps in the Patch Updates section before installing the revised QFE.
- From your Services control panel, stop the ArcIMS Tasker, ArcIMS Monitor, and ArcIMS Application Server (in that order).
- Download QFE-IMS-401-CQ00195784_Windows_Revised.zip (ZIP format, 471kb).
- Use WinZip to extract aimsiimage.dll and aimsGRDEx.dll from QFE-IMS-401-CQ00195784_Windows.zip.
- Open your Windows Explorer and navigate to your <ArcIMS 4.0.1 install directory>\ArcIMS\Server\bin. Make a copy of the file aimsiimage.dll as aimsiimage_401.dll.
- Replace aimsiimage.dll located in <ArcIMS 4.0.1 install directory>\ArcIMS\Server\bin with the patched version of this DLL provided in this QFE.
- Copy aimsGRDEx.dll provided with this patch, into your <ArcIMS 4.0.1 install directory>\ArcIMS\Server\bin directory.
- Restart the ArcIMS Application Server, ArcIMS Monitor andArcIMS Tasker (in that order).
Identifying QFE files on your machine
To check for the presence of Quick Fixes, examine the unique identification information by a (right click, properties, version tab) action under Explorer. With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a QFE distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. Under Windows 2000, select 'Product Version' under the 'Item name' column to see the unique identifier. The unique identifierfor this QFE is QFE-IMS-401-CQ00195784.
06/13/03-If you downloaded this QFE prior to 06/13/03, please delete aimsiimage.dll and aimsGRDEx.dlllocated in <ArcIMS 4.0.1 install directory>\ArcIMS\Server\bin directory before proceeding with the install instructions.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App