Patches and updates
ArcGIS for Server Spatial Analysis Failure on Localized Operating Systems Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS for Server Spatial Analysis Failure on Localized Operating Systems Patch. This patch addresses an issue when the ArcGIS for Server site designated as a hosting server is installed on a localized operating system and spatial analysis operations fail when specifying to use the "current map extent" or when using decimals in parameters that accept numeric values. It deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
Issues Addressed with this patch
- BUG-000095221 - Spatial analysis operations will fail in certain cases when the ArcGIS for Server site designated as a hosting server is installed and configured on a localized operating system.
Installing this patch on Windows
ArcGIS 10.4 or 10.4.1 for Server must be installed before installing this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.4 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS for Server ArcGIS-104-S-SAFLOS-Patch.msp 4394419A40825A0D986FFD19103DA4C7 ArcGIS 10.4.1 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS for Server ArcGIS-1041-S-SAFLOS-Patch.msp 88FFABEBAD9A062D1707194CAEEBA44B
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-<Version>-S-SAFLOS-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-<Version>-S-SAFLOS-Patch.msp
Installing this patch on Linux
Complete the following install steps as the ArcGIS Install owner. The Install owner is the owner of the arcgis folder.
- ArcGIS 10.4 or 10.4.1 for Server must be installed before installing this patch
ArcGIS 10.4 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS for Server ArcGIS-104-S-SAFLOS-Patch-linux.tar 482CAC02445ACDC84F6751D0E6244721 ArcGIS 10.4.1 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS for Server ArcGIS-1041-S-SAFLOS-Patch-linux.tar EAC1C9962D4F2C27A721047F3C898F6B
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Extract the specified tar file by typing:
% tar -xvf ArcGIS-<Version>-S-SAFLOS-Patch-lx.tar
- Start the installation by typing:
This will start the dialog for the menu-driven installation procedure. Default selections are noted in parentheses ( ). To quit the installation procedure, type 'q' at any time.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App