Patches and updates
ArcGIS Explorer home server files for ArcGIS Server
New home server file setup for ArcGIS Explorer 500.
Build 480 and later has a new folder structure. When your clients upgrade to the latest build they will not be able to automatically connect to the home server they had been previously using. Simply copy over any files that have been modified to the new folder location and instruct your clients to connect to the home server location using the new syntax. Versions previous to 480 connected to the home server using the following web address syntax:
http://<server name>/<instance name>. (i.e. http://myserver/arcgis).
At 480 and later, the instance name is no longer needed. A client can connect to your home server simply using the server's name,
http://<server name> (i.e. http://myserver).
ArcGIS Server for the Java Platform users, will need to unzip the files to <ArcGIS Server install location>\arcgis\arcgis\java\web_ouput and just point client machines to your home server machine.
For more information on home server changes for ArcGIS Explorer see the ArcGIS Explorer 500 Home Server files
Updating ArcGIS Explorer files on your server.
- Navigate to the ArcGIS Explorer home server files on your server. The default install location:
- .NET - C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ArcGIS\
- JAVA - Program Files\arcgis\java\web_output
- Rename the folder "explorer" to "explorer_92_orig".
- Download the patch 'explorer.zip', using the link below.
- Extract the contents of explorer.zip and copy the explorer folder into the step 1 location above.
ArcGIS Explorer build 380 home server files
ArcGIS Explorer build 410 home server files
ArcGIS Explorer build 440 home server files
ArcGIS Explorer build 450 home server files
ArcGIS Explorer 480 Home Server Files