Patches and updates
ArcGIS Desktop 9.3 File Geodatabase SQL WHERE Clause Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Desktop 9.3 File Geodatabase SQL WHERE Clause Patch. This patch solves an issue with WHERE clauses that contain a numeric value with a decimal point. They can fail on a machine with a locale set to a language that uses a comma as the decimal, such as French or German. The specific issues addressed in this patch are listed below.
- NIM036983 - On a computer whose locale is set to a language that uses a comma as the decimal separator, such as French or German, attribute queries that contains a decimal point fail. (This does not fail in all cases, please see Technical Article 35291 for more details.)
- Under the \ArcGIS\Bin folder:
ArcGIS 9.3 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS 9.3.
- Download ArcGIS-93-GDBSQL-Patch.EXE to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- For information regarding deploying the patch using deployment software such as SMS or Group Policy, refer to the ArcGIS Enterprise Deployment whitepaper.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To check for the presence of a Patch, for each file examine the File version information (right click, properties, version tab). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a Patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The File version for this Patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.