Patches and updates
ArcGIS Desktop 9.1 Inserted EMF Picture Display Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Desktop 9.1 Inserted EMF Picture Display Patch. This Patch solves problems with the display of inserted EMF pictures that may occur after the installation of Service Pack 1 for ArcGIS 9.1. We recommend that all ArcGIS Desktop 9.1 users who have experienced inserted EMF picture display problems after installation of Service Pack 1 for ArcGIS 9.1 download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM002279 - After installing Service Pack 1 for ArcGIS 9.1, inserted EMF pictures of diagrams, logos, or other graphics may display garbled, or round EMF pictures may display with white corners.
Files Installed in this Patch
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
Installing the Patch
ArcGIS Desktop 9.1 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS Desktop installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Download ArcGIS-91sp1-EMF-Patch.exe to a location other than your ArcGIS Desktop installation location.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this Patch must be applied to all client installations.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To check for the presence of a Patch, for each file examine the unique identification information provided (right click, properties, version tab, item name, QFE Version). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a Patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The identification string for this Patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App