Patches and updates
ArcGIS Business Analyst 8.3 Service Pack 1
ESRI® is pleased to announce ArcGIS Business Analyst 8.3 Service Pack 1. This Service Pack contains several maintenance fixes, improvements in performance, and enhancements for users and developers using ArcGIS Business Analyst 8.3. The fixes deal specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Service Pack.
You can install this Service Pack over the ArcGIS Business Analyst 8.3 installation. You should make certain you have already installed the latest Service Packs for ArcGIS 8.3 prior to installing the Business Analyst 8.3 Service Pack 1.
We recommend that all ArcGIS Business Analyst 8.3 customers download and install this Service Pack, at their earliest convenience, to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS Business Analyst 8.3.
- Map units retained during Update Spatial Reference - Business Analyst now retains the data frame display units during automatic spatial reference updates.
- Update Spatial Reference reminder dialog - Important Notice dialog appears whenever opening or creating a new map document (as when opening an empty map) to notify that the Business Analyst Update Spatial Reference feature is turned on. The dialog provides an opportunity to turn off the reminder and/or turn off the Business Analyst extension.
- Review Geocoding (CQ00235924) - Review Geocoding button was enabled in the Open Customer/Store setup dialog. This button will run Centrus Desktop if the customer or store layer was geocoded using the Centrus locator. The standard Review/Rematch Addresses dialog will be launched if any other locator was used.
- Restoring aliases - Implemented a feature that restores field aliases when the layer being added to the map contains a Business Analyst metadata section defining aliases. For example, if you export a shapefile from the block groups layer and then add the new shapefile to the table of contents, opening the shapefile table will display the original block group field aliases.
- Option added to use centroid of store's customers instead of store location - Added the option to use the centroid of a store's customers instead of the actual store location as the center of the trade area being created.
- DMA boundaries update - Updated DMA boundaries based on October 2003 Nielson definitions. These boundaries are available for use when creating study areas.
The following issues have been corrected:
- Modifying study area created by zipcodes - If you create a study area from several zipcodes, based on 924* for example, and later modify the study area definition, the study area seems to have been modified correctly. However, if you returned to the Manage Study Areas dialog, the definition would revert back to 924*. Modifying a study area created by a list of several zips also produces incorrect results.
- Error when creating study area if raster data source is present - If a raster data source is included in the map document, it will cause an error when creating a study area.
- Second parallel not adjusting with Update Spatial Reference - With the Update Spatial Reference option on, when the extent changes, the first standard parallel changes correctly for the new extent but the second standard parallel always stays at 60.
- Thematic Mapping failure if large fonts are set - If large fonts are set for Windows and you try Thematic Mapping in Business Analyst, ArcMap will close.
- If the Business Analyst license is unavailable, the BA Welcome dialog should not appear - The Business Analyst Welcome dialog is replaced with the standard ArcMap Welcome dialog, if the Business Analyst license is not present.
- Using SDC files in the Create Study Area wizard - If a dataset uses SDC files in the Create Study Area wizard (i.e. county SDC file used to create a county study area), the Zoom to Selection function results in an error message.
- Better handling of empty intersections - Empty intersections were removed from calculations (minimum, average, standard deviation, etc.) in Reports and Spatial Overlay to simplify and improve appearance.
- Extension information modification - Extension version and description were modified.
- Field ADDR_STD added but not filled during Centrus geocoding - During Centrus geocoding, many additional fields are added (i.e. LATITUDE, LONGITUDE,MATCH_COD, LOC_CODE, ADDR_STD, CITY_STD, etc.). However, the ADDR_STD field is the only one not being filled.
- Study Area Importer doesn't work with large fonts set - The Study Area Importer wizard displays incorrectly when large fonts are set for Windows. Wizard buttons are overlapped by other controls, etc.
- Incorrect behavior when adding existing study area layer (.lyr) file - Adding a study area layer (.lyr) file from the output data folder results in the creation of a second study area folder named (study area name)1.
- Error message when exiting ArcMap - With Business Analyst enabled, ArcMap produces an error message when closing.
- Table of Contents does not refresh - The Table of Contents does not refresh sometimes when the results of an analysis are added to the map.
- Report formats created from report templates are incorrect when exported and viewed in Excel (CQ00238524) - This is a known limit of Crystal Reports. The only report that is exported to Excel correctly is Comprehensive (Excel Output). It has been adjusted to produce a well formatted Excel output.
- ID Business Tool problem (CQ00239177) - When creating a layer using Add Business Listings, the Identify Businesses tool was grayed-out.
- Problem deleting customer layer created by Add XY Data (CQ00239184) - After using Add XY Data in ArcMap to create a layer from a dbf file, and then using the new layer to create a customer layer, two layers appear in the Table of Contents rather than one. One layer will be in a group layer called Analysis, while the other is just another layer in the TOC. If you go to the Customer Setup wizard and try to delete the customer layer, you get the error "Couldn't delete Customer layer (layer name)". If you go back to the Customer Setup wizard (a third time), the option to delete layers is "grayed" out and the two layers still exist in the TOC.
- Study Area Importer issue (CQ00239182) - When activated, the Study Area Importer displays the "importing study area..." message. When the action completes and the message disappears, the dialog becomes blank and the Back, Next, and Cancel buttons are grayed-out.
- Equal Competition store analysis with coincident points - When creating Equal Competition trade areas using a point database with coincident points, an error message is returned.
- Hyphos360 household data query produces inconsistent results - Some polygons in certain geography layers contain empty geography ID fields, for example water polygons. When such an entry is submitted in a Hyphos360 household query, the result from the server is incorrect.
- Problems using Miami-Dade county area (CQ00238292) - When searching for Miami-Dade county in the Create Study Area county list, it incorrectly appears as Dade county.
- Custom report doesn't work on selected boundaries (CQ00239253) - When trying to create a custom report using only the Selected boundaries, an error message results.
Since this Service Pack replaces several Business Analyst and ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 files, Business Analyst 8.3 and the latest ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Service Pack must be installed before you can install this Service Pack.
- Make sure you have write access to your Business Analyst and ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 installation folders, and that no one is using Business Analyst or ArcGIS Desktop 8.3.
- Download BA8_SP1.zip (51 MB) to a location other than your installation location.
- Use WinZip to extract the Business Analyst 8.3 Service Pack 1 installation folder from BA8_SP1.zip.
- Open the BA8_SP1 folder and Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this Service Pack must be applied to all client installations.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Service Pack will be posted here.
Use Add or Remove Programs to view the information about your installation.You can access it by selecting Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.Once the window is displayed, look for:
- ArcGIS Business Analyst Service Pack 1
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.