Patches and updates
ArcGIS 9.3 SP1 (Desktop) ArcGIS Mobile Geoprocessing Tool Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.3 SP1 (Desktop) ArcGIS Mobile Geoprocessing Tool Patch. This patch addresses cases where extraction of large raster datasets cause the Generate Mobile Service Geoprocessing tool to fail and generate an error titled “ERROR 999998, Failed to Execute”. We recommend that all who use Generate Mobile Service geoprocessing tool, download and install this patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 9.3 Service Pack 1. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM042625 – When running the Generate Mobile Service Cache tool, the following error is returned: “ERROR 999998, Failed to Execute”.
Description: Using the Generate Mobile Service Cache Geoprocessing Tool to extract large raster datasets for provisioning your mobile devices for use with ArcGIS Mobile applications returns the following message: “ERROR 999998, Failed to Execute”. When the error message is received and the tool execution fails, the mobile service cache will not be created. Given that there is no method for displaying raster datasets in ArcGIS Mobile without first extracting them into a cache, there is no workaround for this issue. This patch addresses this problem and enables the creation of caches that can then be provisioned to mobile devices.
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
ArcGIS 9.3 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download GIS931-AGSMGT-Patch.EXE to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click GIS931-AGSMGT-Patch.EXE to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered.
ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder931.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.