Patches and updates
ArcGIS 9.3.1 Desktop Download Layer Package Patch
This patch is now obsolete. It has been superceded by the ArcGIS 9.3.1 Desktop Double-Click Open Document Patch.
This patch addresses issues with downloading secure content from ArcGIS Online when using ArcGIS Desktop. Content that is not shared with everyone cannot be downloaded. This patch allows all content from ArcGIS Online to be downloaded. We recommend that all Desktop users download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 9.3.1.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
This ArcGIS 9.3.1 Patch contains critical fixes. It is recommended that all users install this Patch.
- Resolves issue with downloading secure content from ArcGIS Online when using ArcGIS Desktop.
Files Installed with this Patch
- Common Files\ArcGIS\bin:
Installing this Patch on Windows
ArcGIS 9.3.1 Final must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is accessing it.
- Download the following file:
ArcGIS Desktop (ArcInfo, ArcEditor, ArcView) This patch is now obsolete. It has been superceded by the ArcGIS 9.3.1 Desktop Double-Click Open Document Patch.
- Double-click the MSP file to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\gis931-DLLP-patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you are planning to use layer packages from ArcGIS Online, you must have ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1 Final and this ArcGIS Download Layer Package Patch installed.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this Patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered.
ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
How to identify which Service Pack is installed
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the ServicePackFinder931.exe utility and run it from your local machine. This utility provides a report detailing which ArcGIS products and which service packs have been installed.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
- July 2, 2009 - This patch has been updated to resolve an installation issue. If you've installed this patch prior to July 2, 2009, simply re-install this patch to fix this issue.
- August 12, 2009 - This patch is now obsolete. It has been superceded by the ArcGIS 9.3.1 Desktop Double-Click Open Document Patch.
May 12, 2010 - This patch will be included in the next available Service Pack or Major Release.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App