Patches and updates
ArcGIS 9.1 Geometry Performance Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.1 Geometry Performance Patch. This patch resolves a performance issue when using the ITopologicalOperator::Intersect method to perform intersections. This issue is only commonly seen when custom ArcObjects applications use the ITopologicalOperator::Intersect method.
We recommend anyone using this method in ArcGIS 9.1 download and install this patch at their earliest convenience. It deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- CQ00286505 - Memory leak in ITopologicalOperator::Intersect when polygons are disjoint.
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
ArcGIS Desktop 9.1 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS Desktop installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Download ArcGIS-91sp1-GeoPerf-Patch.exe to a location other than your ArcGIS Desktop installation location.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this Patch must be applied to all client installations.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To check for the presence of a Patch, for each file examine the unique identification information provided (right click, properties, version tab, item name, QFE Version). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a Patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The identification string for this Patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.