Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10 SP 3 (Desktop) Parcel Editing General Maintenance Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10 SP 3 (Desktop) Parcel Editing General Maintenance Patch. This patch addresses performance, editing, and versioning on a multi-user environment. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM071273 - Parallel Offset fails on multiple parent parcels when there is a curved line.
- NIM071482 When reconciling certain versions that are involved in a Parcel Fabric, the error returned is, "Version could not be reconciled," with no extended description.
- NIM071720 - The parcel fabric drop-down list for sub-type returns a blank value in the parcel line-grid field.
- NIM073061 - The remainder function needs to cut linear (unclosed) parcels into closed parcels.
- NIM073062 - Ensure parcel area units confirm with the plan settings and do not change.
- NIM076114 - Unjoining a parcel and then reconciling and posting will cause the Unjoined parcels to be deleted and the points that are shared in the map to be deleted as well.
- NIM076703 - When using the Parcel Editor, during reconcile, some versions may encounter this error: "Number of parts in shape is incorrect for its geometry type."
Description: This patch fixes errors that may occur when reconciling a geodatabase version that contains a parcel fabric. The errors are presented as a dialog box that may contain one of the following messages:
- "Number of parts in shape is incorrect for its geometry type."
- "The field is not nullable."
- "The version could not be reconciled. The field is not editable."
- "Undo of a Reconcile or the operation preceding a cancelled Reconcile is not supported. To discard the current edit session, stop editing and do not save edits."
- The version could not be reconciled. The geometry has null Z values. The operation was attempted on an empty geometry."
Files Installed in this Patch
- Under the Windows <ArcGIS Product Installation Directory>\bin folder:
Installing this Patch on Windows
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
ArcGIS Desktop10 Service Pack 3 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Desktop Gis10sp3-DT-PEGM-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click Gis10sp3-DT-PEGM-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\Gis10sp3-DT-PEGM-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download and extract the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App