Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10 Desktop Feature Inspector Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10 Desktop Feature Inspector Patch. This patch addresses an issue that prevented the editor’s feature inspector from being hosted outside the editor’s attribute window. This patch is required for users who install Trimble Navigation ArcGIS 10 Desktop extensions. These extensions use the feature inspector to display and edit attributes in a custom window. The patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM059999 - An exception is encountered while using the feature inspector class in a separate window from the editors attribute window.
Description: An exception is raised when the feature inspector is supplied a set of features while it is hosted outside the editors attribute window.
- Windows <ArcGIS Product Installation Directory>\bin:
ArcGIS 10.0 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Download ArcGIS-DT-10-Feature-Inspector-Patch.msp to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-DT-10-Feature-Inspector-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Double-click ArcGIS-DT-10-Feature-Inspector-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-DT-10-Feature-Inspector-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Check ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.