Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop PDF Export Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop PDF Export Patch. This patch resolves an issue for users whose locale uses a non-English decimal separator, that causes PDF exports to fail to open, after applying ArcGIS 10.2.1 Utility and Telecom Update 5 Patch. This patch is only for users of ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.1 who have applied ArcGIS 10.2.1 Utility and Telecom Update 5 Patch. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this patch
- BUG-000084706 - At 10.3, a PDF exported from a map document will have missing labels and text if the operating system is formatted to French (Canada).
- BUG-000083717 - In ArcMap 10.3, exporting a map as a PDF under certain regional settings will throw an error and fail to print labels.
Installing this patch on Windows
ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop must be installed before installing this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS for Desktop ArcGIS-1021-DT-PE-Patch.msp 75EC83D2437B70E7D91192AD26687D7F
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-1021-<Product>-PE-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-1021-<Product>-PE-Patch.msp
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App