Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Desktop Public Key Infrastructure and Integrated Windows Authentication Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Desktop Public Key Infrastructure and Integrated Windows Authentication Patch. This patch enables ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Desktop to communicate with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) enabled portal in an organization. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM087002 - Enable ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Desktop to communicate with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) enabled portal in an organization.
- NIM038839 - ArcGIS Online window: when you use this window to search and are signed in to an organization, the search always returns results from all of ArcGIS Online. It should respect the organization's setting for this and accordingly either just search within the organization or default to searching with the organization and offer the option to search all of ArcGIS Online. Currently for example if you a member of an organization that doesn't allow its members to search outside of the organization's content, and you sign in via ArcMap, you can search outside of the organization's content, and there's no way to just search within the organization.
Files Installed in this Patch
Installing this Patch on Windows
System Administrators: A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10.1 setups using Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10.1 Enterprise Deployment.
ArcGIS 10.1 Service Pack 1 for Desktop must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS for Desktop Checksum English ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch.msp B70EAB0BC713F0F4A5BF51AE1EB292A5 Arabic ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch-Arabic.exe 49EF79752DF1B35F28749B52EDE75869 Chinese (Simplified Han) ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch-Chinese.exe 8D0BD8ECBE3267517DF35EA89C2D7CB0 French ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch-French.exe 59BC4F8B91648C6AC354F236BDF781D6 German ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch-German.exe 3F037BF51EB3B1F1714A82DFD0BA7F08 Italian ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch-Italian.exe 29D46363DBB85719B90847D1AA3C0A68 Japanese ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch-Japanese.exe F2BC7A22F33B211AC2C1EB8D32CAEA04 Portuguese (Brazil) ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch-Portuguese.exe 9040B5F8FAA96E45C43CE0A8EAE4D951 Russian ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch-Russian.exe 1D8E3162F6F7882A027A85E50233CC33 Spanish ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch-Spanish.exe D74B25BC05F5D2850A4AFF87E2E3711E
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch.msp/exe to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-PKI-Patch.msp/exe
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, Choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App