Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop loading Localized Help from applications Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop loading Localized Help from applications Patch. This patch addresses opening Localized Help from ArcMAP, ArcCatalog, ArcGlobe, and ArcScene in the correct language of the international user. If this patch is not installed, Localized Help from the applications will only be available in English. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM083020 - Loading Help From a Localized UI Fails to Load All Localized Help.
Description: Help opens only in English and not Localized Help. This fix ensures Localized Help from ArcMAP, ArcCatalog, ArcGlobe, and ArcScene will open in the correct language of the international user.
Files Installed in this Patch
- Under the Windows <ArcGIS Product Installation Directory>\bin folder:
Installing this Patch on Windows
ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the patch to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop Gis101-DT-LHA-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click Gis101-DT-LHA-Patch.msp to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
Check the Patches and Services Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download and extract the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App